connecting and disconnecting bone plus bind layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Re: connecting and disconnecting bone plus bind layer

Post by zoesan »

just followed the download button in the far corner, works fine, the parrot has landed.

Will give it the elbow work later, something to be said for the curiosity . Hope to achieve the same excellent result as yours, although my character won't be so nonchalant in the discarding of the plaques being more of a social commentary on poverty and homelessness.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your work. :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

zoesan wrote:I've split the the plaques into two switch layers: haven't worked out how the order works yet, but think I get the gist of it...
I just re-read your post and wanted to clarify something:

In the project file, the cardA and cardB groups are actually identical, containing the same cards in both. The sequence is just offset between the two by one drawing. For example:

1. Start with cardA set to ''This' and cardB (hidden) set to 'Space'.
2. When cardA is tossed, cardB is revealed.
3. When cardA returns to position over cardB and is re-parented, set cardA to 'Space' and set cardB to 'For'.
4. Repeat for each toss.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

DR Greenlaw
1. Start with cardA set to ''This' and cardB (hidden) set to 'Space'.
2. When cardA is tossed, cardB is revealed.
3. When cardA returns to position over cardB and is re-parented, set cardA to 'Space' and set cardB to 'For'.
4. Repeat for each toss.
Just got back to the post from having a go, not all is going to plan have to say, will include position so far:

Not sure what set CardA to Space' means and set CardB to For

Not my original question though, which is: I discovered the re-parenting symbol now in your timeline the question is: @ frame 27 CardboneA + Card are out of screen but @ frame 30 CardboneA is back in its original position. I tried the reset as suggested that didn't do anything, copying and pasting from frame 1, nearly works but doesn't quite place the bone back to original position and further even though its un-parented, it repositioned the card back in the frame as though it was still parented.
Is the parenting - reparenting the dynamic bone parenting you mention.

Be warned this may take one/two posts further, I've got my foot down rubber to metal, doing nearly 30 miles an hour on the straight now.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

zoesan wrote:Not sure what set CardA to Space' means and set CardB to For
I was just referring to the layers in my example project. Each time CardA is returned, you need to advance CardA and CardB to the next drawing in each Switch. Your project will have different layer names of course but you can follow the same concept.
...@ frame 27 CardboneA + Card are out of screen but @ frame 30 CardboneA is back in its original position. I tried the reset as suggested that didn't do anything, copying and pasting from frame 1, nearly works but doesn't quite place the bone back to original position and further even though its un-parented, it repositioned the card back in the frame as though it was still parented...
The position of the card's bone is relative to its parent bone at frame 1. This means to reset it to its 'start' position, it should be re-parented first so it has the same reference point it had at frame 1. If it doesn't go where you expected, just manually move manually to the right postion and rotation.

FYI, I didn't actually click the 'reset' button in my example (even though that should work after reparenting.) I made sure all the relevant channels for the bone was keyframed at frame 1 so I can simply copy and paste those keys to 'reset' the bone (after reparenting.)

Also, don't forget to set Step keys or make duplicate keys as appropriate to hold the animation where it should be held. That will keep the animation from getting wonky when you 'reset' the bones.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Laying down some seconds, although have to admit not quite able to follow Dr Greenlaw's post, instead just to get something down, going back to frame 0 for each plaque, and manually switching to the next plaque, no where near as finesse but it works, that way I can experiment / edit etc further and get some content to look at.

Got a problem that has occurred in other work on the drawing board when using the rotate bone tool, the program goes into the world wide wait spinning wheel, have had this happen before, not sure how to work the fine tuning of the plaque drop, using transform layer works, but does throw things out of sync, can always split the actions into two separate parts for running out into video editor, messy.

It's working for me(ish). Forward and Sideways
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

If following post looks like the problem with using the rotate bone tool from my end is if you use show path, I had show path on and everytime I used the tool, Moho went into a lengthy spin, turning it off looks like it has been solved.

Going to breakdown further questions (after studying online similar posts/questions) and where no reply's found will post under separate titles to free up Dr Greenlaws generous replies, I have quite a few, given being presented with 'ways' of working in Moho I am not fluent in.

I do have some direct request if time permits from Dr Greenlaw as too the setup of the file 'Dylan' posted which will remain in the post thread.

The well versed members of the forum and the time given too replies is much appreciated.