tablet not drawing well in moho13 raster

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

edmund12

tablet not drawing well in moho13 raster

Post by edmund12 »

Hey all,
Was wondering what other people's experience was/is.
i now have moho 13. Amd I'm really interested in raster drawing, frame by frame.
But I'm not getting a satisfying drawing experience with my tablet and moho.
Often, though i see the cursor moving, nothing gets drawn - unless - I really lay the pen down methodically and then begin to move the pen with a lot of pressure.
for instance if i were to very quickly try to lay down a bunch of parallell lines, like for shading, most or all of them would not get drawn.

Tablet is indeed very old. but it doesn't seem to affect other programs.

so what I want to know is... do others find drawing kind of odd? do you experience this sort of thing?
Might it get resolved with a newer tablet? or is this just a quirk of moho?
please let me know!
thanks!
-edg
synthsin75

Re: tablet not drawing well in moho13 raster

Post by synthsin75 »

Do not make repeat posts. If anyone is going to reply, one is sufficient.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

edmund12 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:56 pm so what I want to know is... do others find drawing kind of odd? do you experience this sort of thing?
Might it get resolved with a newer tablet? or is this just a quirk of moho?
I have not experienced this sort of behavior. I'm using a Wacom Cintiq and always make sure to keep all my drivers up to date. It's been pretty responsive, similar to Photoshop or Krita or whatever you draw/animate in.

Hopefully you can troubleshoot this!
Rutty70

Post by Rutty70 »

What Windows versions are you using? I have a similar problem - I'm using a Cintiq 13 - it works okay but it is a little sluggish - no where near as quick as Photoshop or Clip Studio. I'm still on Windows 7 (upgrading soon) and wondered if it's this. I notice if I have a lot of vector art and open a bitmap layer on the same file it becomes REALLY sluggish. Like the brush is trailing behind my movement by 1-2 seconds.

As a little aside - does anyone think the brush size doesn't go small enough? I want to do line work at around 1-2 point size but the brush setting in Moho seems like it's minimum is about 5-6 points to me (drawing at 1920 x 1080).