Move layer to the top of the layers window

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

guitarzan

Move layer to the top of the layers window

Post by guitarzan »

Hi,

I'm using Anime Studio Pro 9.5. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to move a layer to the top on the layers window (other than dragging it up)? Many times I'll have a vector or text that is behind other things at the beginning of the video, but later I need it in front of everything. I'm currently copying the file and then dragging it up to the top, then turning off the visibility of the original file, and turning on the visibility of the newly copied file. This gets really tedious when I have to do it over and over. Often the file is buried down a ton of other layers, and I have to keep dragging it a little bit at a time, inching my way to the top. Just thought I'd ask to see if someone new of a better way, or if there was an old script that would help. Thanks.
slowtiger

Re: Move layer to the top of the layers window

Post by slowtiger »

You want to use Animated layer order. Put the layers into a group (or bone) layer, in this layer in the tab Depth sort switch on enable animated layer order. Now each time you move a layer inside this, you'll create a key in the top layer.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5