Tapered freehand lines with a mouse

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

paccer

Tapered freehand lines with a mouse

Post by paccer »

In Moho 13, how do I draw a tapered line using the Freehand tool, when using a mouse? I've tried various of the Freehand Options, but haven't achieved tapered lines.
Greenlaw

Re: Tapered freehand lines with a mouse

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh! That features seems totally broken in Moho 13. Will let the developers know.

Personally, I don't bother with the Freehand tool. For me, it produces too many errors that need to be fixed and edited. Considering all that extra editing, I find drawing with the Add Points tool is more precise, efficient, and arguably faster. Especially when drawing for deforming puppet parts.
paccer

Post by paccer »

Thank you! Good advice.
Greenlaw wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:07 pm Ugh! That features seems totally broken in Moho 13. Will let the developers know.

Personally, I don't bother with the Freehand tool. For me, it produces too many errors that need to be fixed and edited. Considering all that extra editing, I find drawing with the Add Points tool is more precise, efficient, and arguably faster. Especially when drawing for deforming puppet parts.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

I would also add that you can use the Line Width tool (W) to taper lines/points after they have been created.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam