Point Motion in Actions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CharlieChompnChicken

Point Motion in Actions

Post by CharlieChompnChicken »

I was trying to clean up a walk cycle by manipulating point motion on several layers. Upon resetting the bones to halt the walk cycle, I discovered that the point motion is not interrupted and continues. It was kind of funny watching the character's hair flop around after he had stopped walking.

I found the Animation>Reset All Layer Channels menu command, but I was wondering if there was a way I could stop only the point motion which occurs in the walk cycle action. I would like to maintain head turn and other SBD functions if possible and was hoping that I didn't have to go into each layer individually every time I want to end a walk cycle.
synthsin75

Re: Point Motion in Actions

Post by synthsin75 »

Maybe make a "stop" action, which would have just one frame for everything animated in the cycle.
CharlieChompnChicken

Thank you so much! I consistently overlook easy and simple solutions. I'm sure you're rolling your eyes at me. Perfect solution, thanks again.
MrMiracle77

Post by MrMiracle77 »

If you have video of it, there's a subreddit called r/oneoffrender who appreciate vector work with one or two minor, but humorous flaws.
- Dave

(As Your GM)
CharlieChompnChicken

I'm doing my best to get down to just a few flaws! I don't have any video of that but I'm going to have to check out that subreddit. It would be nice to laugh at imperfections rather than stress over them.