problem with Moho -> Adobe Premiere

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

satanictesticles

problem with Moho -> Adobe Premiere

Post by satanictesticles »

Hello,

I have exported my animation from MOHO as .MOV files (compression type: mpeg4) then imported each .MOV file into Adobe Premiere (pro 1.5). to edit the final version & put them together.

When I play them back, both in Premiere and as an exported movie from Premiere - the sound is all static (in MOHO I used .WAV files).

When I play each individual movie in Quicktime, the sound is perfect... but for some reason when played back in Premiere it is just a hideous distorted hissing sound.

My way around this was to use the option in Premiere to "unlink movie/audio", delete the audio, then import the original .wav file and line it up with the video sequence, but this can get annoying since the animation I am working on has over 100 imported .MOV files, each with sound.

I am hoping there is an easier way around this.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just a tip: don't export clips you want to work with in Premiere with a compression like MPEG4. I always use the codec "animation" because it's lossless, therefor I work with best quality in Premiere. The final movie I export with the codec I want, from Premiere.

I just guess that your sound problems may come from using MPEG4. Have you tried other codecs? Quicktime should give you an Options window where you can set sound quality and stuff. Technically the sound should be as clean as your .wav files.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When I use external editing tools I export animations with compression set to NONE!

The files are huge... but you get 100% of the quality. Sometimes I even just export out an image sequence allowing batch edits in photoshop.

I generally will bring in the sound into an editor separately. I render out only the animation. If the sound track is syched ahead of time then I bring in that into Premier, AE whatever as a separate file.

This guarantees the quality of both are 100%.

I worked on a group project a few years ago with another application. The files for all the segments were supplied to me as TARGA sequences.

Since each person animated to a specific sound file, they only used teeny tiny low res sound files easily downloaded for lip synch or whatever. they didn't need to have huge gigantic high quality sound for animating. I just swapped those in at the end.

They only had to send me the image sequences since I had the original high res sound files.

-Vern
satanictesticles

Post by satanictesticles »

Thanks for the help guys, from now on I'll try using no compression and just import the sound individually.. that sounds like the way to go.