How do I make my characters look full???

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

danimal: no, it's not.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Well that's intersting. I've of course never tried to use it to that end because why on Earth would you? I think back on the DAYS I spent animating in Flash and how those same cartoons could have been done in AS in a few hours. Well, maybe more. It seems drawing the characters would take all the time, the actual animation could be done extremely quickly.
~Danimal
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

you could do that with switch layers, but you would need a seperate layer per mouth shape... if they are the same mouth changed around you can also interpolate between them...

...another way is using actions if you have the pro version... theres stuff about it in the forums so i wont go over it again.
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

funksmaname wrote: setting to step is all well and good, but drawing in single frames doesnt replace the last frame - all drawings still exist, which means you'd have to put every unique frame on its own layer as far as i can tell... which is possible - but counter productive to say flash, where a more traditional 'draw a frame, skip, draw a frame' workflow is possible
Tutorial 5.7 "Keep in mind that this isn't what Anime Studio was designed for - if you're looking for a frame-by-frame animation program, Anime Studio isn't the best tool for the job."

I stand corrected.
"Queso"
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

getting back to the base topic, there are a multitude of ways to beef up your character, involving gradients, shading, halos ect... individually or in combination.

made using a gradient/halo/soft edge "light/shadow shape" combo.
"Queso"