!!!2nd OFFICIAL MOHO CONTEST!!!

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

typo

Post by typo »

...and it's over...

Good luck to all of the submitters and their submissions.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

CLOSED!! Hurry Hiddicop you have 30 mins to enter because you had your actual animation ready before the deadline it was just your web server that let you down! 8) QUICK
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Only 10 people have voted!!! Please vote. 8)
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

And for those of you not paying quite enough attention, here is the link to the poll for voting:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1615
cribble

Post by cribble »

CrAzY Dan wrote:Cribble and Typo: How long is it going to take you to finish your animations?
it would of taken another 2 or 3 months, i just had a whole load of college work piled on so i'll foget it and submit at a later date, but not as a compition thingy.
--Scott
cribble.net
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

I don´t know what happend.
TodaY there are 700 register users in this foruM. Rossie was seen for more 200 users, and only 18 votes...

CHIO
stephen

Post by stephen »

CHIO wrote:I don´t know what happend.
TodaY there are 700 register users in this foruM. Rossie was seen for more 200 users, and only 18 votes...

CHIO
the number of views listed on the forum index shows how many people read the posting, not how many people clicked on the link to watch the cartoon.

There is a requirement that anyone who votes must have seen all of the entries. The entry with the minimum number of views of the posting had 106 views. so at most, there is a pool of 106 possible voters. Probably a lot less than 106 actually viewed the cartoon that was posted.

I think that 18 percent of the possible voters voting is pretty good actually.

The previous contest only had 35 voters in the audience choice poll.

Interestingly, there have been 403 views of the voting thread. I wonder if that means there are 4 times as many people interested in the outcome as who could have possibly voted.
RASH

Post by RASH »

Some statistics:
At 06.25 GMT today I checked the memberlist for number of posts:
0 (258), 1 (97), 2 (74), 3 (45), 4 (27), >4 (184)
which means IMHO that only a small portion of the 700+ registered users actually participates in the forum. The 258 users who had 0 posts are either people who never post or people who registered but never came back.
stephen wrote:Interestingly, there have been 403 views of the voting thread. I wonder if that means there are 4 times as many people interested in the outcome as who could have possibly voted.
Perhaps 100 users looked 4 times how the vote was going.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I watched them all and voted for one. And I expect the core group of forum users did also. The Moho contest is only at project two and needs to find its right form. This time was less official probably, no direct LM involvement, not prizes to be won. Maybe a direct link on the homepage with NEW CONTEST! ENTER NOW! VOTE NOW! would bring a bigger public.

A while ago someone (forgot who, sorry) had the idea of using supplied material. I've seen that concept on another site and that worked very well. LM or someone on the forum supplies material, some characters, objects and we can all use that in an animation. Saves development time so it's easier to enter. The creativity of the users will lead to very different results. Maybe that will lower the threshold of entering. LM already provides some tutorial material, maybe that would a good way of starting a new contest.

Look here what is possibile with a couple of videoclips, imagine what you could do with some Moho material:
http://www.puremotion.com/editstudio/showcase/index.htm

In short I'm saying simplify the process and there will be more entries. Give some graphics, some sound and the work is half done!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Every time you read a thread it will count you as a viewer. It's not the number of viewers that counts, it's how many times it's been shown. If 100 viewers saw it 4 times each it would show 400 in the view-counter.

And I'm sure some people have seen the threads (especially the voting) more than once.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Someone did suggest about making things and getting other people to animate them. Maybe that would be a good idea for another contest.

(Only 8 HOURS left to vote!!! PLEASE KEEP VOTING!!!)

CrAzY Dan :P