How's it going?

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

nobudget

How's it going?

Post by nobudget »

With only a week until the deadline I was wondering how many people will actually come up with an entry. I'm almost finished (but never satisfied) but I was curious to know about the rest. Will there be many entries, will the entries be quick-n-dirty or huge professional standard? And how is the Moho ratio in terms of preparation, design and execution? I have noticed quite a few people who design characters in other programs and import to Moho, will you try to design in Moho this time?

I have the feeling the Moho user base ranges from dabbling hobbyists to animation powerhouses, it would be interesting to see how each user works within the boundaries of the contest.

Good luck to all,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I hope to enter something simple for the experience; I sketched up a cool idea but it is actually beyond my abilites to do by the due date (given my 4 hours flight time with Moho so far). Going to try to rein in my enthusiasm and do something more realistic given my skill set. I do have a long weekend this Thanksgiving but doubt the wife and kids will let me sit in front of the PC playing with Moho the whole time. :)
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Here's a frame of what will be my entry if I finish in time... :)

bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Looks great! I guess robots are a popular subject. :)

Slightly OT but I was hoping to do a bit with 5 robots and the number of fingers each had based in part on a character I did in PSP http://www.silicondragons.com/~bupaje/cgtalk_twins.jpg. Can I ask if the fill used in the robot is an image? I tried a quick experiment to make the screws and other parts of the robot as vector objects and then assemble them and tried to get that cool shading but at least in my quickie noob testing it seems tough.
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

No image. Just simple gradient shading with a shadow overlay.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I'm looking forward to see that robot move, it looks great in a still. I like the shading feature, it is like an inverse shadow. Sometimes (like on the chest of the bot) you can clearly see the origin of the shading, hard edges. I hope that can be improved in the future. Maybe something like shading contours that can override the actual contours of the object (if that makes sense).

And Bupaje, if you can manage to get ANY result with only 4 hours of practice Lost Marble can be proud of their intuitive program!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

@nobudget -they can indeed. Finally got a better grasp of bones last night and am really happy.

@sherlock - is there a sample already out there I should see to do that shading or would you consider setting up a simple circle with that shading and post the file so I can check it out? I'm heavily visual and understand things better when I can see them in action.

Thanks.