Can someone help me out (lip-sync problem)

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

KG204

Can someone help me out (lip-sync problem)

Post by KG204 »

Hi, I've been having some problems with Anime Studio. I export the .dat switch file, and connect it to the mouth layer in anime studio. however, when i try to play back the animation, the mouth just stays in place and never changes. Can you help me out with my problem?

Attached is a link to a zip file containing all the project files...but the image links might be broken. Unfortunately I can't access anime studio at this time, but when I can I'll try to fix it so the image links won't be broken.

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved it, it appears that the layer was masked for some reason.
Last edited by KG204 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not willing to wait around on a rapidshare free user download timer to help you out. Check out something like Mediafire.com if you want prompt help. :wink:
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yeah, I won't do that either.

But when you say "connect it to" I'm a little confused. You don't "connect" the .DAT file to anything. You do, however, go to the master switch layer and load in the .DAT file.

Assuming you did that, the most likely culprits are not naming your phoneme layers correctly (for example, they are case sensitive and must match exactly to those in the .DAT file) and/or having them as image layers (the extensions are a problem and the handling is tricky). If your phoneme layers are vector layers named correctly there really can't be any issues.
KG204

Post by KG204 »

Yeah, they are image layers. So its tricky to do it? I guess I'll have to find a way, because I did it before, but the framerate was 8 when it should have been 24.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

I don't use images (strictly vector animation) but doesn't it have something to do with the names of the layers in terms of extensions? Make sure your layer names do not have extensions in them, at the very least.

If that doesn't do it try a forum search here on "papagayo image" and see what you find. I know there's at least one thread that directly addresses this issue.