Kudos, and some suggestions

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

JackC

Kudos, and some suggestions

Post by JackC »

I just went through the two tutorials for Papagayo, and man, this is a great piece of software! I've used Magpie Pro a couple of times (I'm still new to lip syncing) and it's great, but this is much easier and less complicated to use. And it works! Thank you very much, Lostmarble, for another piece of good, clean software.

Since this is a new program, I know there are things that can be improved, and I have a few suggestions that might make this program even easier to use.

• I'd like to see a cursor line in the audio timeline, like there is in Moho's timeline. You could use that for scrubbing and then you would be able to see exactly where you are in the audio waveform. This would be really useful for lining up words and phonemes.

• Also in the timeline I think it would help to have the frame numbers at both the top and bottom of the display. This would help also for lining up the phonemes at the bottom.

• Still on the frame numbers - I think it would be useful to have more of them, maybe every 4 frames or so? And the ones that fall on the even seconds could be larger, maybe, or a different color?

• I think it would be good to be able to grab a word in the middle and be able to move the entire word as a whole without changing the length of it. As it stands now, you have to move one end and then the other to move a word.

These are just a few suggestions. This software is already amazing. I'm planning to use it instead of Magpie Pro in the future because of it's ease and the straightforward way in which it works. Great job, Lostmarble!

thanks,
Jack