using my own mouth's

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Regul8r's ghost

using my own mouth's

Post by Regul8r's ghost »

hey, do i need to have all sub layers ( in the switch file) to have the same number of points?
and what order should the mouths be in? alphabetical? AI on top or bottom?
cheeers for any help in advance
jay
7feet

Post by 7feet »

You only need the same number of points if you want to use switch interpolation (each mouthshape morphing smoothly from one to the next), otherwise the mouths just change when a new keyframe comes up. Alphabetical order doesn't matter at all. Spelling and case (the names are case sensitive) do. They can be ordered however you please.
regul8r's ghost

Post by regul8r's ghost »

when i start papa' i get this error mssg
11:43:11: No handler found for image type.
11:43:12: No handler found for image type.

what's wrong?

only some of my .dat file plays, so i figured somethings wrong with the layers that dont play (in moho). i can use papa' ok, but when i use the dat file with my switch layer it doesnt switch as it should. i can see the switch keyframes in the timeline so i know the dat file is loaded.
figure it must be something ive done!!
any ideas?
regul8r's ghost

Aha!!
figured it out, the .dat file problem, at least.
i stupidly left an almost impercectible space before the mouths name when i renamed them :oops:
thanks for your help.

ps: all you guys are doin great work hope to display my own soon!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

regul8r's ghost wrote:when i start papa' i get this error mssg
And then you can't see the mouth images in Papagayo? Which operating system are you using?
regul8r's ghost

forgive me if i didn't explain thoroughly
the mouths not showing were my fault, (not named correctly)
but the error appaers every time i start Papa'.
it doesn't seem to cause i any problems for me, just close the error window and work away.

minor inconveniance really
btw: im on xp
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

That error comes up when i use it but it doesn't bother me. I just cross it off and continue.
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

The error is because its trying to read an invalid format. You probably have a thumbs.db file in there (windows generates them automatically if you looked at the images in thumbnail view).

Delete them (you'll have to enable hidden and system file few to do so, as well as probably "show important system files") and you won't get the error.

I'm playing with the source atm, and I've fixed that error, plus I've added more filetypes for the mouths (png, and also gif). I could add more bitmap formats, but those two should cover 99% of people. It's not like you are tied to using the example mouths or any in that directory when you import anyhow.

I've also added CSV and XML voice exporting, but more of that another time.. when its done :)
Dany

Post by Dany »

Yea Exaclty DarkCryst.
You have to delete the Thumb.db^^ and it won't show you again the msg. (i had the same prob)
mario72

Post by mario72 »

S, I have a similat problem with Papayago:
First, when I open up Papayago there is an error-message "No handler found for Image Type"
The Programm find my new generated Mouth-Folder (4 - Joe), but it dont show the Animation/Shapes/Phonemes.
The Phonemes are PNG, 200 x 200 pix, blue background, and there is NO Thumb.db in folders!

What can I do?
What did I wrong?

Please help...