working with long audio

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Agent

working with long audio

Post by Agent »

Hey!

I realised that if i open a long audio file (3-4 min) my pc gets slow. I have a 2Ghz celeron processor. And if i type my text and press 'Phonetic Breakdown' that green line with my text become too long, and it's too slow to fix it to the right position.
Never send a human to do a machine's job.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Usually in an animation scene you are only working with, at most, 30 seconds or so of audio, because in that time you will want to switch to a new view (close up, wide shot, etc...). If you are on the same "shot" for 3-4 minutes its going to get pretty boring, no matter how good the dialogue is.
Agent

Post by Agent »

yeah but its a song and it would be a fine work to cut it in pieces
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Agent wrote:yeah but its a song and it would be a fine work to cut it in pieces
Again, just because its a song, doesn't mean you are going to have one long shot for the entire song. Watch any good music video and you'll see edits every 5-10 seconds. They do this to show the action at its best. Some scenes you want to see the character close up, some you want a wide shot to show the whole group dancing or whatever they may be doing. Either way they are short clips that could/would be animated seperately, resulting it much shorter audio clips to work with.
Agent

Post by Agent »

i know, i didnt want to make a still with lipsync but thanks for the advise