Performance problems on OSX in beta 3

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

MarkBorok

Performance problems on OSX in beta 3

Post by MarkBorok »

Using Panther I find that when scrubbing the sound over an area that has a phonetic breakdown applied to it, the playback breaks up and only every fifth frame or so actually plays back sound. For instance, if the dialogue is "What animation software do you like best? Why, Moho, of course." and I have the broken down text applied to the second sentence, then when I scrub it I hear "What animation software do you like best? W... ho.... r...". As soon as the vertical red bar hits the green box with the text in it, I lose most of the sound. This obviously is a problem, since that part of the dialogue is exactly the part that I need to scrub through.

Anybody else experience this? So far the only workaround I've found is to create a second character voice and then switch to that voice in order to toggle the text off in the sound playback window. I suggest that in future versions there be a way to simply toggle the text on and off using a keyboard key to improve performance. That seems like it would be the simplest solution.