Wish-list.

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

rylleman

Wish-list.

Post by rylleman »

Here's my feature request list for Papagayo.

Delete/add words without having to re-breakdown and redoing all work.

Red bar -stop at the place where it's dropped instead of dissapearing. Playback from this point instead of from start of project.

Phonemes -every other words phonemes has a different colour, easier to navigate.

Separate voice in sentenses/blocks, quicker to position in audio with long pauses in it.

Not reset word/phonemes when moving/changing lenght of sentense/word. Keep relative positioning when moving, add blank frames in start/end if prolonging, move just the last phonemes if shortening.

Markers or a comment field above the audio.

Being able to set names of switchlayers as they're named in the switch file (mpb > mouth_7).

An easy way to add your own set of mouths and set which phonemes they represents.

More than 9 mouths. There are 39 different phonemes with 3 stress levels each in the list Papagayo uses so it shouldn't be that hard to allow more than nine?

The frame number where you are with the red bar shown somewhere.

User dictionary, words automatically added to this when typed in. I know you've said this is on you're todo list, just wanted to mention it anyway.

Being able to mark a range of frames and playback just this range. Useful together with;

Loop playback.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Wish-list.

Post by Lost Marble »

Good suggestions. Just one I want to comment on:
rylleman wrote:Separate voice in sentenses/blocks, quicker to position in audio with long pauses in it.
You can do this right now. Put each phrase on a separate line in the "Spoken text" box and they will appear separated in the waveform view. This makes it easier to work with pauses in the audio file. Take a look at the "lame.pgo" sample file included with the program.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Lost Marble wrote:Put each phrase on a separate line in the "Spoken text" box and they will appear separated in the waveform view.
Sorry, missed that one...
I'm more of a "try and learn" rather than a "read the manual an do as they say" and I obviosly didn't try the spacebar.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

rylleman wrote:I obviosly didn't try the spacebar.
Don't use the spacebar - use the Enter key to separate lines of text.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Of course, typo...