Questions on Papagayo's Future

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

wmartinez

Questions on Papagayo's Future

Post by wmartinez »

Basically.

1. I see Papagayo is at beta 3 stage, almost ready to be released. Is the actual set of features the only ones supported for this first version?

2. Papagayo is simple and easy, yet it helps greatly and allows subtle manipulation of the sync. Definitely I will use it in the future. Now the question is: Will Papagayo be a free app, or will it cost a little?

3. About question 2, as Moho is extensible and the community can help to improve it with LUA, could be also Papagayo? I mean, from the install I deduct that it is written in Python. Could we the ones that saw python code once in the previous life help to extend Papagayo? Not talking of an Open Source, but probably community members who would like to add their features and help on code just like Myles did on the spanish breakdown? I said about question 2 since, I imagine, if it is to become a commercial product then the idea of releasing the code wouldn't make sense. (Unless it is free for important contributors 8) )

Just an idea that passed behind my mind...

William.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Papagayo will remain free. The question is whether to release the source code. This may be possible, but I don't have a definite answer for that at this time.
wmartinez

Post by wmartinez »

Good To know! :D

About the source release, you don't have to release all the code. Don't know how is it structured, but you can keep the core libraries unopened and just release the high level interaction and UI source, and even so, to a controlled list of registered users 8)

w.