first time papagayo question.

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

first time papagayo question.

Post by Guest »

I am trying to use papagayo for the first time with moho. I have loaded and aligned a sound file in Papagayo and exported the file. I then when to Moho, added a switch layer and went into the settings and assigned the .dat file to the switch layer. I also set my audio file as the animation sound track.

When I play the animation I hear the sound but do not see my mouth movements. Do I need to draw my own mouths or should they be automatically created with Papagayo?

I read the tutorials, but and still at a loss,

Thanks,

mw

Post by Guest »

never mind...I found the answer in one of the other threads. I need to import the images for each sound......
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Anonymous wrote:never mind...I found the answer in one of the other threads. I need to import the images for each sound......
i just wanted to post the link :wink:
myles

Post by myles »

Note that Papagayo comes with a set of vector mouths (in a .moho file) that you can import, or you can create your own mouth set (as either vectors or images), as long as you give the layers the same names.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

thyanks guys...I was the "guest", I forgot to sign in before leaving my message.

Do you usually make each mouth just a mouth, or do you draw the whole head? The sample mouths are ok, but are surrounded by the white box. Is it possible to make the white background transparent?

mw
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

In Moho you must use (or import) the mouths of "Mouths.moho" file in the Papagayo instalation folder, not the bitmaps in the mouths folder (they are the ones that Papagayo use for previews) ...And for your other question, I think usually everybody draws just the mouths, but I draw all the head for a total (and automatic) interaction/deformation between all the parts of the head in only one Switch Layer, well, there are several ways to get this, all with his own pros and cons, but I use this... CIAO!
myles

Post by myles »

mwtoons wrote:Do you usually make each mouth just a mouth, or do you draw the whole head?
Either one, depending on your character and animation style - do you need the jaw/cheeks/nose to move with the mouth? This is, I think, what Ramón was indicating. The mouths.moho file included with Papagayo has some mouth-only examples and one whole head example (there is also a verison of mouths.moho included with Moho itself, but it doesn't match the Papagayo phonemes - it matches the Magpie and JLipSync phonemes).

In either case, you will usually want to keep the eyes (and eyebrows) in a separate layer.
mwtoons wrote:The sample mouths are ok, but are surrounded by the white box. Is it possible to make the white background transparent?
As Ramón said, they are illustrations for Papagayo internal use (preview and mouth selection), not samples (see the mouths.moho file for real vector examples). If you want to use those bitmaps (which are only a limited thumbnail size and quality), copy them all to a different folder, and turn the white into transparent (you'll need to save them as a 32-bit, alpha-supporting, PNG format) with an image editor (paint program) - or redraw them in a larger size/quality on a transparent layer.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx