why wont it work?

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

victorialatham

why wont it work?

Post by victorialatham »

ok, im fairly new to moho, iv used it for a while but havnt lipsynced till now. my problem is this: iv exported the voice from papagayo. in moho i have created a switch layer and put vector layers into it with all the mouth shapes i need, on each one for example iv labled one "mbp". then i clicked onto layer setting for the switch layer and in source data chose the exported papagayo file. when i press play the mouths move correctly but there is no sound and the mouths themselves have jumped off the character into the corner of the screen.

i know im doing something wrong and if anyone knows what the hell i'm going one about or can help me at all, please give advice.
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

you need to select the audio file that you recored and set it as the soundtrack. (you can find this in one of the menus, it's called select sound track.

As for your mouth jumping off the screen I'm not sure. If you upload your sample file somewhere someone here may be able to take a look at it for you.

Also, for me, I export the animation as dv to watch it if I am using lip sync. Mho just can't play it fast enough on my ibook, and my ibook is a 1.33 Ghz with 1.25 GB of ram.
myles

Post by myles »

mwtoons has the answer for the sound.

As for the mouths jumping:
Is your mouth switch layer assigned to the same bone as your head/face layer(s)?
If you are not using a bone rig, is it grouped with the face/head layer(s)?

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
victorialatham

Post by victorialatham »

thank you both problem is now solved, all i needed to do was assign mouth switch layer to the same bone as head, and thanx for audio advice.--thanx and sorry im a total newbie with lipsync!