Works great in Papagayo... but not in AS11

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Hellyar

Works great in Papagayo... but not in AS11

Post by Hellyar »

I did a 4 word test... all monosyllables, the first three with long vowels.
After a little tweaking, it looked great in Papagayo.
I moved it into AS11 (at the same frame rate, btw)... and it went crazy. There were lots of "rest"s which completely reconfigured the mouth movements. No long vowels and some mouth expressions that weren't in the Papagayo version.
I managed to tweak it to work. The whole process took 25 minutes.
So, as an experiment, I started again and did the whole thing manually in AS11 using switch layers (and a Papagayo mouth). Took less than 5 minutes.
Is this unusual, please?
drumlug13

Re: Works great in Papagayo... but not in AS11

Post by drumlug13 »

I gave up on Papagayo a while back. I think it's easier just to do it in AS.

Just my opinion but, I came on board with Anime Studio back in version 7 and it has progressed by leaps & bounds while Papagayo hasn't really improved at all.

I have read that Mike Kelly wrote a script that improved the performance of it but I honestly haven't tried it. Maybe somebody here can link you to the script.
Adam
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I used to use Papagayo, but it took a lot of effort, didn't read in mp3s, was external to ASP and wasn't great about allowing me to create just portions of lipsync when and where I wanted. It also didn't work with the newer approaches to mouth rendering, such as smart bone controlled mouths with masking, so I created my own script. You may be interested in it. It's discussed here.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28346#p160451
Hellyar

Post by Hellyar »

Thank you, both, very much. :)
digitalhyper

Post by digitalhyper »

So, no real solution to the AS11/Papagayo issue? I just discovered that I should put my ect / rest mouth at the top of the stack to fix it from picking another mouth phenome. It was throwing in FV, but I noticed it was at the top and every so often if you look at the mouth shapes being picked, during the FV times, the shape was blank. So, it just defaulted to pulling the first one in the stack, which was FV. Hopefully this helps others.
Jamie Byers Animation Generalist
http://www.digitalhyper.com
Windows 11 PRO 64 bit
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz, 128 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 & RTX 4080, Wacom Cintiq 16 with Loupedeck Live
Moho Pro 14
After Effects, Premier, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3DS Max, Mudbox and Mocha Pro
muddcliff

Post by muddcliff »

Hellyar wrote: There were lots of "rest"s which completely reconfigured the mouth movements. No long vowels and some mouth expressions that weren't in the Papagayo version.
I think that this is a bug.
I was looking at the code. I could see that it puts rests out of order and in spots it doesn't seem to need.

I am working on a Windows version I will fix it in this version and post sometime.