strange dialogue handling with large files...

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

rpc9943

strange dialogue handling with large files...

Post by rpc9943 »

Hey,

i dont know but it just took me about an hour and a half to arrange two people speaking on a 2 minute short cartoon. It feels like the handling is so strange, I had to stretch papagayo over two monitors just so i could drag the dialogue over the right places, and even on the zoomed out view took a very long time. Hell, eevrything else was fast, but the rate of time it took.... it was crazy... I have no idea how im going to do a 5-15 min tv pilot, it will take SO LONG with papagayo, no offense, unless im doing something wrong... Why isn't there an auto scroll as you drag the dialogue?

RonC
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Is your two minute animation just one shot? Normally, I would break it down into a series of shots, and then edit them together at the end with other software (premiere, etc.).

You can see why this is important as you scale up to do a 15 minute animation. :-)
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

well yeah man it was a 2 minute straight through scene. the handling is pretty bad, theres absolutely no way to do this easier?

heres the animation
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3115

took a freaking long time. Only because the words were mushed together and I had to scroll and scroll every time i had to drag the characters dialogue

RonC
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

rpc9943 wrote:well yeah man it was a 2 minute straight through scene. the handling is pretty bad, theres absolutely no way to do this easier?
I'm not a papagayo expert so there may be some shortcuts.

But from purely a filmmaking point of view, it seems to me you need to create some more interest in your scene. 2 minutes is a long time to have the camera stationary. Things like:

- cut to a closeup of one of the characters
- change to a POV shot of the character in back
- different angle on the room
- tilt the camera

please, just about anything! LOL

You have all these wonderful camera tools! It doesn't have to be Citizen Kane, but try experimenting around some.

Check for resources here on the forum, and google for "storyboarding" for ideas. Also, I can post some links too if you want.

jorgy