What about a Suffix option?

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Rai López

What about a Suffix option?

Post by Rai López »

Well, I know this is possible to do in other ways (text editor i.e.), but I think that a Suffix option to add a specific function to each phoneme in the export *.dat file it'd be the most easy way (and without any problem with that special phoneme called "rest") to resolve a lot of situations automatically... With this, you could have your same frase "Breakdowned" and export it easily to use it in different head poses, something like this:

Lets say that we have the word ANIMATION perfectly "phonemed" in Papa, ok? So, in the Papa TimeLine we'd have something like this: "AI etc AI MBP E etc AI etc"

And once exported we'd have this in your "ANIMATION.dat" file:

Code: Select all

MohoSwitch1
1 AI
3 etc
5 AI
7 MBP
9 E
11 etc
13 AI
15 etc
Then you decide your character turn his head to the Left and only must open the same Papagayo proyect and add _L in the Suffix Text Box to obtain this in a new "ANIMATION_L.dat" file:

Code: Select all

MohoSwitch1
1 AI_L
3 etc_L
5 AI_L
7 MBP_L
9 E_L
11 etc_L
13 AI_L
15 etc_L
...Well, I don't know but it seems very easy to implement, and the most important thing, with it we'd have all the work in the same Papagayo proyect and with the minimun time/effort! In fact, it'd be SO easy and quick, that you always could export your dialogue to the most important variations for you (_Left/_Right/_Front, i.e...) just in case you could need it :) ...CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Wouldn't it be easier if you had your different angle mouths in different switches, L_mouth-switch, R_mouth-switch and then have the mouth names the same? Then you can import the same .dat to all switchlayers.

Another thing you can do is use SciTe, open your dat, select the range of frames you want to change (to R_MBP etc.) Choose replace, find " "(the blank after the frame number), Replace with " R_" (still a blank before the R) and "Replace in selection". Repeat for all your different head angles.
(Using this system it's easier to use a prefix instead of a suffix)

Some workarounds for you until you get your request in papagayo...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HI & THANKS! Mmmm... but use different Switch layers always difficult the morphing process plus other thigs... Cause of this I prefer the only one Switch Layer with different mouth names method... in the other hand, the little problem with "rest" phoneme requires more study for my part... And yes, the other text editor solution is that I've been using, is practice and quick, yes... the same occurs with *.moho files, however (if possible) always result more friendly can resolve the issues in the same specified aplication interface and don't worried about nothing more :) ...Well, anyway exists a lot of possible solutions as I said and... hope all my animation problems be like this one! :roll: