Papagayo 1.2 problems

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

macweenie wrote: However, does capitalization count here? It usually doesn't on a Mac but this is Unix no?

PS: I re-installed version 1.1 earlier today, should I re-install 1.2 before I run the test?
No, I don't think capitalization matters here, but this is a test for version 1.2 - it won't be meaningful for version 1.1.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

ulrik wrote:and the "python" papagayo launched
Do you mean it launched successfully? So it runs from the command line, but not if you double-click it?

What version of QuickTime does everyone have installed?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Lost Marble wrote:
ulrik wrote:and the "python" papagayo launched
Do you mean it launched successfully? So it runs from the command line, but not if you double-click it?

What version of QuickTime does everyone have installed?
Yes it actually run, I didn't investigate all functios I just tried what you said and, yes it launched

I have qt v.7.1.2
macweenie

Post by macweenie »

Okay, reinstalled 1.2 and ran test:

Last login: Wed Jul 19 18:36:56 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
Virus:~ eric$ pythonw /Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file '/Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Virus:~ eric$

Except for the time stamp I think the message is identical to the one I ran previously.

Oh, and QT is Version 7.1.2
Juergen

papagayo on linux

Post by Juergen »

hello,

I just tried papagayo on linux. When I start the papagayo script, I get:

/opt/papagayo/papagayo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/papagayo/papagayo.py", line 37, in ?
papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1951, in __init__
_wxStart(self.OnInit)
File "/opt/papagayo/papagayo.py", line 29, in OnInit
self.mainFrame = LipsyncFrame(None, -1, "")
File "/opt/papagayo/LipsyncFrame.py", line 152, in __init__
self.__do_layout()
File "/opt/papagayo/LipsyncFrame.py", line 234, in __do_layout
sizer_8.Add(self.label_2, 0, wx.ALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL|wx.FIXED_MINSIZE, 0)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'FIXED_MINSIZE'

regards Jürgen
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Any update on this? I just got an iMac Intel Duo with OS X 10.4.7 and am not able to run Papagayo 2. Is there a work around to launch it?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Lost Marble wrote:Can you try this in Terminal?

pythonw /Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py
Sorry, missed this post. This works for me. Is there a way to automate this? I'm a bit new to Macs and OSX.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

For any of the Mac users out there who had problems running Papagayo 1.2, please try re-downloading and re-installing Papagayo from here:

http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/index.shtml

I believe it may have been an installer issue that is now fixed. If you try it, please let us know the results.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Still doesn't work. I tried launching the icon and nothing. I tried the command line and got this:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py", line 23, in ?
    import wx
ImportError: No module named wx
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Still no luck in opening papagayo, I got this when trying to open in terminal:
Ulrik-Bod-ns-dator-2:~ ulrikboden$ /Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/MacOS/Papagayo
-bash: /Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/MacOS/Papagayo: /Developer/Applications/Utilities/MacPython-2.3/BuildApplet.app/Contents/MacOS: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, thank you - at least now I've got some interesting error messages to use to sort things out.
macweenie

Follow-up

Post by macweenie »

Most recent from me:

Last login: Mon Aug 21 14:34:08 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
Virus:~ eric$ pythonw /Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file '/Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Virus:~ eric$
macweenie

Okay, wait...

Post by macweenie »

After running the command in the terminal window and getting the same error I took a good look at the syntax of the command - pythonw /Applications/Papagayo/Papagayo.app/Contents/Resources/papagayo.py and it struck me that I do not have Papagayo on that path. I have a sub-folder inside of applications called Lost Marble so I can keep things neat and tidy.

I put Papagayo on the path spacified in the command line and the result I get is a simple >. No error, no nothing. I am sorry it took until now before I saw the flaw, but I am not a programmer and my mind isn't given to thinking about problems like this in such ways. :roll:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Good grief...

Ever since OSX... I have had to actually learn about... <shudder>.... directory path names in applications... ick. Don't even get me started with Flash Actionscript class paths... AAAHHHHGGG!

The Teminal scares me to death... the application not the movie.

That is a weird thing old Mac sytem 6 fans like me didn't have to deal with for a long time... that's a SIX not an upside down NINE. I still miss it... multifinder... woohoo.

;)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Alright, let's give this one more try. Mac users, please download Papagayo again and give it another try.

Sorry for all the confusion, but Papagayo is kind of a funny beast - it's written in a scripting language called Python. Python's a great language, but the combination of Mac application bundles, scripting languages, and Universal Binaries (both PowerPC and Intel code) makes for a convoluted installation. I think I've got it now - please tell me I'm right...