Papa 1.2

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Dany

Papa 1.2

Post by Dany »

Hi, everyone!

What is the difference between 1.1 and 1.2 version?
I have not found the information on the internet...

Thanks
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

From playing with the source you'd come to the conclusion that 1.1 compiled and 1.2 didn't! ;)

As far as I can see though its the fact that 1.2 can be compiled as a universal binary on the mac PLUS the italian phoneme breakdown, which is neat if you need it.

I've been modifying the code a bit myself (based on the 1.1 source, because thats the only one that works) and I've incorporated these changes into it (and more - optimisations so the audio window lags less and responds faster, more output formats, better UI, and I'm working on more phoneme support in the software).

I'm not sure how much support Papagayo is going to have now that Moho and LM seem to have sold off to eFrontier. We'll see. However I'm working on improving it myself :) Suggestions welcome :D
Dany

Post by Dany »

Ok, thanks.

For suggestions:

A German Break Down, plz ^^.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Papagayo 1.2 will not play on Mac OS 10.4.7 because of Python. I've tried and tested different Python updates, but with no success.

Since I need the german breakdown which I nbelieve is included in 1.2, I'm stranded now.
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

After finally getting the 1.2 source (by downloading the mac source and locating software on windows that can extract .pax archives) I can say it doesn't have German phoneme stresses.

However... german seems to work pretty well using english, which makes a certain ammount of linguistic sense when you think about it.

I'm currently investigating if there have been any other changes... it seems to have not been too many. The _lm.dll/.so seems to have changed.. but I'm not entirely sure how atm (no source for that.. which is a shame :()
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

Oh and Danny - I'd love to create a German breakdown, but I'm not a native German speaker.

I don't think you'd want my UK High School German classes dictating the files ;)
Dany

Post by Dany »

lool, ok.

And an other suggestion:

Undo and Redo action ^^???
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

Yeah, nothing in that Edit menu works atm does it?

Undo and Redo are pretty complex ideas to implement (you effectively have to keep a record of all actions and walk it correctly), plus potential memory hogs.

I'll add it to my little list, but it'll be after any additional features (Cut & Paste won't be on there because as far as text goes windows already supports that in the text box.. and the waveView shouldn't need it.)
Dany

Post by Dany »

For a other suggestion, look to my other post (just under this one). PLZ
Dany

Post by Dany »

An other small suggest^^ Ask to save when we close papagayo.