Another feature suggestion...

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

funksmaname

Another feature suggestion...

Post by funksmaname »

I'm thinking it would be good if we had neutral, happy and sad positions for each mouth shape (prefixed nX, hX, sX)? then while listening to the file you can select areas of n, h or s and it will export that section with the prefix...

then if you make extra mouth shapes it makes life easier.

I know i can do that by editing the dat file in notepad but it would save some work...

...it led me to another idea, which is basically to allow you to create ANY switch name so that you can export that instruction in the dat file (for example, like you have voice 1 and voice 2, you also have a 'pose' layer where you can put 'shrug', 'kick', 'fist' or whatever that particular sound file requires)... the reason for this is that i now use actions rather than swtiches for lipsync, and so allowing me to create action placement instructions for any actions i create for a character might help in sketching action out...

i dunno if i explained myself properly, i'm sure you will think i'm just being lazy as placing actions isnt really that difficult if they arent manic like mouth movements...

p.s. is there any way to start playing from later frames? its a bit annoying to have to sit through the first part of the audio file every time i want to test a work down the line...?
Genete

Post by Genete »

p.s. is there any way to start playing from later frames? its a bit annoying to have to sit through the first part of the audio file every time i want to test a work down the line...?
Is this what you need?:
Built in Help wrote:Playing a Partial Segment

Sometimes, you may want to play back just a short segment of the timeline, instead of your entire animation. For example, you may be working on one small move, and you want to play it back over and over while you make small changes to see when you've got it just right.

To set a limited segment of the timeline for playback, hold down the <ctrl> key while you click in the time ruler. Click with the left mouse button to set the beginning of the segment, and click with the right mouse button to set the endpoint. To remove the limited playback segment, <ctrl>-click on the segment endpoints to remove them from the timeline.
he he... the built in help is worth to read...
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

You can add in ANYTHING you want in papagayo as a switch layer reference.

What you can do is right click on a word and type in the name/s of the custom layer/s you want used at a specific spot. You aren't limited to the list available in Papagayo. You can type anything in there:

I just typed in "KICKME"... if I had a layer or action named "KICKME" it would be keyed at that spot.

So in theory, you could have a bunch of "karate" poses or actions, open the sound file in Papagayo and just add in a bunch of words and change them to kicks and punches that reference the action or switch.

You may want to check out that modified version of Papagayo someone did a while back. I think they may have added some new features to the original.

I also started adding new words to the dictionary. I was tired of constantly hand editing character names in the dialog. I don't know if this could be used for your purposes though.

-----------

Genete,

When changing the start frame in AS it always starts at the beginning of the audio file, not the point you've selected in the time line. You basically have to start from the beginning each time to hear the audio synced properly to the animation.

Funksmaname? Are you talking about AS or Papagayo? In Papagayo you can double click a section to hear just that one part. AS needs some audio improvements.

-vern
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Hey guys, i didnt notice you replied!
Thanks!

Yeah - i should read the helpfile... but is that from the AS help file? coz i know i can do that inside AS :)

Vern, thats great news that you can write whatever you like! i didnt think of trying it :) Now i can set up an actions DAT to control actions :)

I was talking about papagayo - i didnt realise you can double click :)