Papagayo .dat files greyed out

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

VidE

Papagayo .dat files greyed out

Post by VidE »

I'm exporting .dat files out of papagayo, but when I look for them through the layer/switch tab, the file is greyed out; ASPro doesn't see it as a proper file for import. I'm on an Intel Macbook, any weird things I should know about?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think maybe I remember hearing something about some file formats on the mac not being recognized by AS.

Just guessing. I don't know of a workaround either unfortunately.

-vern
VidE

Post by VidE »

Thanks, I'll check Papagayo, see what's up.
VidE

Post by VidE »

Heyvern, I'm not sure if you are running on a Mac so...

If anyone out there is running AS Pro 5 with Papagayo or Yolo on an Intel Mac, OSX 10.4+, and you're able to use the .dat files please let me know. Not being able to use Papagayo is a big setback to a project that has aabout a 2 week deadline, so if there is a workaround or I need to install an eralier version or something, please let me know.

Thanks.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

No problems here.

Running Mac and AS Pro and I am able to load .dat files.

Are you sure they have the extension when you save them out of Papagayo? I seem to recall that sometimes on the Mac I could save a .dat file without the extension.

EDIT:

OOOPS! I am not using an Intel Mac so that might mean something... I don't know. I am still using Panther on an old G4.

-vern
VidE

Post by VidE »

FrozenDelight had the solution in another post. Add the .dat extension to the file Papagayo exports. Tried it and it works. Anyway, thanks again.