Papagayo used in other programmes?

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

peteruk56

Papagayo used in other programmes?

Post by peteruk56 »

I just recently discovered Papagayo and was amazed at how simple it is to use and get such stunning mouth movement effects.

I have long since given up on Anime Studio 5. As I found it just too complex to use.

So my question is can Papagayo be used in any of the programme?
Ie, Adobe Premiere Elements. Or Windows Movie Maker.

At the moment I use Artoonix for my animations. And Adobe Premiere Elements to edit them in.

Here are my animations. The first one is an animation mixed with live action

http://www.geocities.com/peteruk56/contents.html
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Papagayo only works with programs that can read the data exported from it. You need a program that has animation abilities and can read the .dat file exported from Papagayo.

You could use some sort of automated text conversion to change the dat file so another program can use it or you could create a plugin for another program to read the .dat files.

The mouth shapes are not created in Papagayo, only the data that tells another application which mouth shape to use. The mouth shapes need to be created IN the animation program of choice.

As far as I know AS is the only program that can use the exported .dat files from papagayo.

I don't think Premier or Windows movie maker would be able to use the data produced from Papagayo. I don't know if Artoonix is sophisticated enough either.

-vern
peteruk56

Thanks Vern

Post by peteruk56 »

Thank you for the information Vern. :D
breakingthings

Papagayo used in other programmes - Using Flash

Post by breakingthings »

I'm currently testing a method of using a Papagayo .dat file with Flash. I've written a simple java tool that converts the .dat file to a .txt file that Flash can read at runtime.

I just need to tidy up the code and then make a set of tutorial files. Should be done by mid February - then I'll post the files for download.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

The data file produced by Papagayo isn't very complicated -- just a ASCII text file that shows frame number and mouth shape to change. I actually have been using it in 3D studio for lip sync quite successfully.

But the basic problem is this -- AS is about as easy as it comes in terms of animation use, and if you find IT too complicated then the odds are you couldn't use any program that would be sophisticated enough to use the data file produced by Papagayo.