re-open file and ALL DATA IS LOST!

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

mak

re-open file and ALL DATA IS LOST!

Post by mak »

After completing the lip syncing for a few projects...and during creating a new one, i saved, closed down and then re-openede only to find no data there what so ever, just an error message saying " couldnt not find image handler'' or something like that....all my typing of words, layout and wav has gone!! so i tried opening up old files only to find the same, good job i finished those and exported the data files....

the papa file is stored on a network, along with the source wav.... would this be the reason?? either way, it shoudl'nt ****&^$%! happen! good few hours work lost, great

anyone else experience this or know how to fix it??

can't work like this
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It sounds like the Papagayo file lost the reference to the wav file. The papagayo file is text only. You could just move the file to your local machine along with the wav and change the path in the papagayo file with a text editor to the new location of the wav. If you put them both in the same folder you just need the name of the wav file located at the top of the Papagayo file.

I had to do this when I moved a project from my mac to the pc. The files wouldn't open because the wav file couldn't be found. I used a batch search and replace to change the path to the wav files.

-vern
mak

Post by mak »

thanks vern.... but no luck!

i tried changing the location of the wav file and it still couln't find it - still had the ''could not find image handler'' error..

so i made a new file based on the local area of my machine where i have no moved everything.... imported a local wav and saved it....
then i check the new file in a text editor to see if i did something wrong in changing the location... but it looked the same as what i just tried that didnt work....

so then i opened the new file up back in papagayo and no that one doesn't open up with the wav either..even tho its saved locally - in the same directory!

hhmmmm, very annoying