Bugs in the Kitchen

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bugs in the Kitchen

Post by Guest »

Dear Moho Users,

I am in need of some assistance, and I would be happy to pay for it. I have been playing with moho now for a few months and realize that my skills are not up to the task.

I have a scene that I would like to animate of some bugs in a kitchen. If you are interested and would like to know more please goto

http://www.lconcepts.com/BuginKitchen.htm.

There you will find my basic artwork and a list of animations I would like to do.

Many thanks for your interest, and I look forward to hearing from anyone regarding this project.

VideoBug2005
lpl@lconcepts.com
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I like your "capabilities" as listed on your website...on almost every page:

"Capability 1
Description of capability 1
Capability 2
Description of capability 2
Capability 3
Description of capability 3"

etc.

:roll:

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
stephen

Post by stephen »

On your website you ask for samples of the roach in a coffee cup and then say all submitted samples become your property. That gives you the right to use them freely without paying for them.
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Just copyright your work and i mean that by like put something in the background like what moho does with demo version
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

hmmm...

i think "nobudget" would be the best one to do this job... :wink:
but somehow this job isnt quite... serious? :shock:
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Thanks mr.blaaa and I share your feelings about the lack of seriousness. That's not to say it isn't a valid offer, but on the internet it can be hard to judge the motivations of another person or company. I've done a couple of commercial projects with the clients based overseas and no contact apart from e-mail and that worked out pretty well but the trust factor is very important in these types of projects.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

can please any moderator remove this post?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

mr. blaaa wrote:can please any moderator remove this post?
Why? It might be a ripoff in terms of free work, copyright and such which have been commented upon in the replies in this thread but that is hardly a resason to delete it. It might lead to some serious work and if people want to submit a sample under such conditions it's up to them.

Post by Guest »

rylleman wrote:
mr. blaaa wrote:can please any moderator remove this post?
Why? quote]

In my opinion, leaving posts like this in this category gives the impression, to outsiders, that Moho is for hobbiests who are long on dreams and short on expertise.

The low price of Moho is a two-edged sword. Positively, it is the best piece of software I've ever seen in its price range. But the price range is so low, it is also in the range for casual users. These peolple do a couple of successful bouncing ball animations...then think up some elaborate full length feature animation(as long as someone else does the work). Nothing wrong with this...we all have dreams. But the impression it gives to "serious" users is the the software is not really a professional product (a check of the gallery would prove otherwise). So we have cheaply priced software...and a Jobs category that only contains 2 thinly-disguised "offers" from kids....well, you get the idea.

Again, all this is my opinion, but I feel Moho would do well to either closely moderate the Jobs section...or just remove it.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thank you for your input..."Guest"
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Anonymous wrote:...leaving posts like this in this category gives the impression, to outsiders, that Moho is for hobbiests who are long on dreams and short on expertise. ...
...But the price range is so low, it is also in the range for casual users. These peolple do a couple of successful bouncing ball animations...then think up some elaborate full length feature animation...
I think most of the animation attempts posted in this forum illustrates this far better than this single thread could do. And I don't think anyone evaluating the software would come to the conlusion that Moho is a hobbyists tool based on this post with a guy looking for free labour, it's far more likely that, if someone is judging the software based on what's written about it on the forum rather than trying the actual software, would rather base their judgement on the common clientele and their achievements here.
(Not that I'm in support of the content of this thread, but to delete a thread just because some users don't agree with it's content seems a bit, well, 1943ish...)
toulouse2k

Post by toulouse2k »

rylleman...I am the guest that wrote that letter (I didn't realize I wasn't logged in...heh, kind of unprofessional). Yeah, for the most part I'll concede to your points. I am curious about the 1943ish comment. Most people always use 1984 as an example of oppression. But anyway, I get your point, it does seem a bit of an overreaction to ban rather than just ignore.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

toulouse2k wrote:I am curious about the 1943ish comment. Most people always use 1984 as an example of oppression.
I referred to 1943 because aty that time the nazi goverment were starting to burn books and banning culture they didn't agree upon. Maybe a bit to historical loaded to use as an example, I should have said Fahrenheit 451ish instead.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Why bother with references to past decades while we have Janet's "Nipplegate" and Hillary's "GTA" nudity uproar right here and now... Like Prince said "Let's party like it's 1999!

Talk about off-topic :D

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

So we have cheaply priced software...and a Jobs category that only contains 2 thinly-disguised "offers" from kids....well, you get the idea.
exactly my opinion.
the second thing is: the authors of those "kiddie-jobs" havent replied to nor checked these posts.

And hey, the topic here was created [Fri Apr 29, 2005]. I think this job is done. Or the authors lost interest in theyr nonserious daydreams and "idees fixes".