animated music video (request)

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rekcadnuh

animated music video (request)

Post by rekcadnuh »

Hi.

I'm Andy and I'm looking for an animator willing to create an animated music video for one of the songs of the 'HerrMuellerBand'. We've already written down the main ideas we had of how it should look like.

We will offer you a small budget for you work. If you're interested in helping us awaking this little dream of ours to life, please contact me:
andy_1337@web.de

http://www.file-upload.net/download-309 ... n.wma.html --> for the music file.
http://armorgames.com/play/6744/together --> to get to the online game that is the main inspiration for the style of the music video.

Here's the idea and the concept of the music video:

‘Strassenbahn’ – music video

Verse 1 White background, a black line coming in from the left. Angle changes, line becomes tram (‘Strassenbahn’). Black ‘stick-figures’ (like [together]) standing and sitting, zoom on one stick figure (protagonist) sitting on the window, “staring out” (cannot see eyes!), head held on one hand. Few background outside of the window, to the end of the verse sun shining a little stronger, protagonists head looking up a bit. Either thought bubble or (in every way) camera driving upwards, leaving protagonist out of sight. Another black line appears (a horizontal line through the whole picture simply falling from the top stopping ¼ or 1/3 from the bottom). During its appearance the protagonist jumps from the bottom high above the ‘thought-bubble-line’...

Refrain 1 … landing on it with the first accord of the refrain (after the lyrics ‘Ich denk’ an dich’). He walks shuffling to the right (staying in one spot, just the line and the background move). Walking in time with the beat. In the background 3 or 4 big pictures appear behind the protagonist from the right edge, moving along to the left edge and disappear there (like he’s moving in a great corridor). The pictures (or canvas) show a girl with long hair (everything [together]-style). She’s coloured (maybe only her hair? Maybe all of her). Somehow the protagonist falls down (line ends?).

Verse 2 Back in the ‘Straßenbahn’. Looking down the aisle, out of the window, closer look at some other passengers (with hat and coat, reading the newspaper, teenager with headphones, girl on the phone... etc.). Recognizing a glance of colour (maybe protagonist stands up, looking exited around, walking a bit through the tram?). Segue to the refrain the same as the first time (jumping onto the black line way up in the air).

Refrain 2 Protagonist walking hand in hand (again in time with the beat) with his ‘colorful’ girlfriend ‘to the right’. Few background. Then she disappears (falls?), protagonist walks on like in first refrain. He reaches a cliff (like the one the girl is sitting on in [together]) on which he stands and looks around. Finally he looks down.

Bridge
She is flying up from out of sight and catches him. They fly constantly (the whole bridge!) to the top right corner, turning around their own axis (also all of the time! you notice, it’s just like the flying animation in [together], but she is in the lead). They fly through the stratosphere, through some clouds, background changes to stars. Then background changes again to stratos and clouds until they hit water with the big ‘bang’ of the drums at the end of the bridge. They dive in the water at a 90 degree angle (with their heads right into the water), so – yes – the water comes from the top right corner.

Instrumental They dip in the water, turn 180 degrees anti-clockwise, stand still (dive in one spot), while the camera angle is changed (after one or two seconds delay-time) 135 degrees anti-clockwise (camera angle! Which means the picture is turning clockwise – they should now be diving in one spot heads-up, if my calculation is right ). They dive around. There are swarms of fish, coralline and coral algae, rocks (everything coloured?) etc. They swim on, dive deeper and find an abyss. They dive down the abyss. Camera watches them from behind while they dive down the black abyss, becoming smaller (white dots?) and disappear.

Refrain 3 Everything black. Zoom out. We have been in the protagonists right eye. Zoom out until we see him again, sitting in the tram. But he’s not black (like all the others around him), he’s in colour.

There’s no idea for an ending yet. Maybe you’d like to think of something.
In the very end, the camera should zoom out from the tram window, tram becomes black line again which drives to the right edge and disappears there, in the out-of-sight-area.

########## Translated lyrics of the song ‘Strassenbahn’

The tram moves slowly in its narrow paths through the city,
I’m tired of looking at gray walls and advertising,
search in all of the faces what thoughts they might write,
when suddenly a ray of sunshine carries my thoughts to you.

I think of you whenever the sun is shining, then I think of you.

Corridors full, but empty of people, so paradoxical, I’m fed up with it,
I prefer to think of you colorful and flee from the city.
We walk through meadows, the last time is now a long time ago,
the sun behind glitter leaves, my soul is light and heavy.

Please fly, please fly, please fly, please fly, please fly, please fly as far as it drives/propels you.
Please fly, please fly, please fly, please fly, and take me with you in your time (when you think that it’s right).
Please fly, (...) as far as it drives/propels you.
Please fly, (...) and take me with you in your time.

I think of you whenever the sun is shining, then I think of you. (...)
yoobah

Post by yoobah »

Hi,

firstly, I wish you a very happy new year.
I tried to download your musical file, but it failed. Could you send it by mail?
yoobah@gmail.com
I'm very interested in this job.
Hope to read you soon.
rekcadnuh

Post by rekcadnuh »

sorry, but even in mp3 format the file is 6MB big - and that's too big for my mail account.

Damn you, Freemail! ^^
dm

Post by dm »

I downloaded it, just to hear some new music. It DL'd fine.

DON'T click on the big blue 'download' button. click on the tiny one with a little green arrow next to it.

Then get ready to close a bunch of advertising windows that start popping open.

The .wma file hows up as 4MB on my system. Isn't that e-mailable?
rekcadnuh

Post by rekcadnuh »

hm... maybe I've just made a mistake.

thanks for the tutorial!