animators to create music videos for hiphop album (Paid gig)

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

flee

animators to create music videos for hiphop album (Paid gig)

Post by flee »

Looking for animators to create music videos for independent hip hop album.

You can check it out at Frozenmusic.bandcamp.com

Im looking for animators to create animated music videos around my music. (SPECIFICALLY 2D ANIMATION)
Its an 11 track album but you may only need to do one track at a time if it works better for you.
Im aiming for It to be finished by July or august.
Half payment up front and the reminder when project is finished.
I’m on a budget so let me know your prices.
Looking for experienced animators.
I’m leaving head room for the animators to add some of their own creative input as fare as story boarding and video concept. Im aiming for it to be as closely related to the song as possible.

contact me if interested. Free2rhymesf1@yahoo.com

pleas include links to your work.
Last edited by flee on Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
nileshpatel

Re: animators to create music videos for hiphop album (Paid

Post by nileshpatel »

Hi

Hope your are doing great !! I am Nilesh Patel and i have animation studio in Indore, India with name SNAP ANIMATION STUDIO .We can do this job in your budget. Can you brief me more about the length any quality reference. Recently we have done rhyming project for iphone application development.

http://www.snapanimationstudio.com

Feedback's Welcome !

Thank You

Regards

Nilesh Patel
http://in.linkedin.com/in/nileshatsnapanimation
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SNAP-Anim ... 3398709552
Nilesh Patel
Snap Animation Studio
flee

Post by flee »

nileshpatel wrote:Hi

Hope your are doing great !! I am Nilesh Patel and i have animation studio in Indore, India with name SNAP ANIMATION STUDIO .We can do this job in your budget. Can you brief me more about the length any quality reference. Recently we have done rhyming project for iphone application development.

Feedback's Welcome !

Thank You

Regards

Nilesh Patel
http://in.linkedin.com/in/nileshatsnapanimation
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SNAP-Anim ... 3398709552

your jungle backgrounds look amazing do you have any animation with movement besides the still photos?

Examples : 2Pac - Do For Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yre5nBXAxyk

Eminem - Mosh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0Q4YIdnGI

the songs im looking at first for my project would be
K.C.B (Keep Coming Back) 03:53
Dont Listen 03:17
Where Are They Now 03:35
nileshpatel

Post by nileshpatel »

Nilesh Patel
Snap Animation Studio
nileshpatel

Post by nileshpatel »

HI i have send you our high quality confidential animation link on your email id through my personal id nilu198523@gmail.com pls check it.
i Have seen your video and we can do such kind of animation .

looking forward to hear you back

Regards
Nilesh Patel
Nilesh Patel
Snap Animation Studio
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just to get this straight: 3 minutes of professional animation will cost about 9000.- €, at least. You have a budget of 99.000.- € to do animated videos for all of your songs? Count me in! Ah, and finished in July, all of them?

Anyone else seeing the flaw in "I’m on a budget so let me know your prices. Looking for experienced animators."?
flee

Post by flee »

slowtiger wrote:Just to get this straight: 3 minutes of professional animation will cost about 9000.- €, at least. You have a budget of 99.000.- € to do animated videos for all of your songs? Count me in! Ah, and finished in July, all of them?

Anyone else seeing the flaw in "I’m on a budget so let me know your prices. Looking for experienced animators."?
What flaw?...
i may not need you to do all the songs...i may just shoot a regular video for some...i might just want one of these three tracks... so ... yeah... im budgeting.
FYI some people are willing to go cheaper for there work so they can get there name out...
I May not even need you for this project "slowtiger"
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

The amount you've budgeted is too low to expect professional work. Be realistic. If you want experienced animators, be willing to pay for them.

No working person will work for cheap just to "get there name out", why should an animator?
flee

Post by flee »

neeters_guy wrote:The amount you've budgeted is too low to expect professional work. Be realistic. If you want experienced animators, be willing to pay for them.

No working person will work for cheap just to "get there name out", why should an animator?
"The amount you've budgeted"... I never said what my budget was...so how is it too low...LMAO "slowtiger" was the only person who mentioned anything about numbers.. are you going off of that?

I have no problem paying some one for quality work, that's why i posted in the first place....

Please reply ONLY if you're interested in working otherwise there are other gigs you can troll :roll:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It's not about trolling, it's about making a living.

A good animator can create about 30 sec to 1 min of animation per month. This is not Disney quality, but with clever design and some other tricks good enough for TV work. So the minimum you must plan for is to pay him about 2500.- € a month - we all need to pay rent and taxes. Adds up to 7500.- for a 3 min video - but we haven't considered any design, rigging, background artwork yet, not to mention storyboard, compositing, digital transfers etc.

If somebody says ""I'd like to have a video, but can only pay 5000.- €" - well, it can still be done, but in this case the style needs to fit the budget. No full animation. Not dozens of characters. No dance moves. No 3D.

If somebody says "I only have 2000.- €" - oh well. That's still one month of work if I have other jobs paying the rest. And the video will only have basic animation, more like an animatic, preferrably without human characters, maybe something experimental.

Get your numbers right, and never expect others to work for free.
flee

Post by flee »

slowtiger wrote: Get your numbers right, and never expect others to work for free .....
:roll:
who said working for free!!!!? WTF :shock:
where DO YOU SEE ME ASKING FOR FREE WORK? :shock: its unrealistic, and i dont appreciated yur patronizing tone.
Im no animator but i'm no amateur. I do sound design,producing, mixing, ADR work and other freelance audio engineering gigs so i have an idea of how it works.
I have characters created in anime studio rigged and all, background artwork, a rough storyboard etc.
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about me for what ever personal reasons. you going through a midlife crisis? :wink: you ok? you need a hug? :lol:
i could do it myself but i dont have the time, so i'm looking for people who have that skill.
I realy wish you wouldent asume what i can and i cant pay ... you dont know me or what im willing to pay.
like you said "This is not Disney quality" so dont expect Disney pay.
I dont feel going back and forth with you is going to help this project along.
I appreciated the quotes for the €.

just out of curiosity what programs do you use that take you a month to do 30 seconds of animation?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hand drawn 2D animation takes that long - even longer. A senior or key animator at Disney isn't expected to crank out more than just some seconds a week - and that's not cleaned, inbetweened, or coloured. Try it yourself.

I'd also like to see a more professional attitude. Your first post didn't indicate anything about existing storyboards, characters, designs, rigging, or your own experience within AS. And you still didn't give any numbers. If you find 3000.- € per minute too expensive, let's hear an offer. Just say "I didn't plan that much, I calculated about X.- per video", instead of this attitude which might be OK on a hiphop stage but not between professionals.
flee

Post by flee »

MAN YOU CAME AT THIS POST THE WRONG WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.
It has nothing to do with a "hiphop stage" but your shitty presentation.

All you had to say was something along the lines of "on average my price range is X amount. what are you looking to do?" and i could of went into detail...

but instead you want to make this some dick swinging composition. :|

Typically if some one is interested in work they would contact the person for more detail. ie the storyboards, characters, designs, rigging etc.

IM ONLY LOOKING FOR 2D Animation which i have the baseline started.

If you would like to discuss any further detail feel free to contact me for more detail.
flee

Post by flee »

BTW Your animations on http://www.enigmation.de are worth 3000 ?
dm

Post by dm »

slowtiger wrote:.... So the minimum you must plan for is to pay him about 2500.- € a month - we all need to pay rent and taxes. Adds up to 7500.- for a 3 min video - but we haven't considered any design, rigging, background artwork yet, not to mention storyboard, compositing, digital transfers etc.
You'd work for 2.500 a month? Wow. I pay production assistants (runners) about that much. Los Angeles rates must be very out of whack. Or, you're just amazingly inexpensive.