Anyone interested in teaming up?

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

steveryan2

Re: Anyone interested in teaming up?

Post by steveryan2 »

Welcome Baphomet!

I had considered 3D backgrounds as well. Are you able to create something from nature? Fields, trees, bushes, decayed looking cars? I would be curious to see what could be done. What 3D program do you use?
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

I'll try to jump into that tomorrow and drop some ideas here. :) I just finished doing some 3D stuff in the bedroom of one scene in my animated cartoon series about my hometown. You can check it out in this topic in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26443&start=30#p149778

But I'll try do draw some stuff up tomorrow in Cinema 4D and drop them here in this topic as *.JPG files or whatever file format you like.

Regarding cars, I would say take a look at this post here in one of my topics:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26443&start=30#p149739

In that movie there is a scene in the car.

I have made some other scenes and stuff with cars and other vehicles as well:

Check out my Twitter for work from now and the past: -> http://www.twitter.com/sceafa78
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

I started with some raw stuff:

Right mouseclick the image and pick show image in new tab for a full size version.
Check out my Twitter for work from now and the past: -> http://www.twitter.com/sceafa78
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

I did some testing with the raw 3D scene and my own characters:

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Couple more sheets:
Some 'survivor' poses
and
zombie turn-around (with body pose and a couple of hand drawings)

Working on some more turn-arounds...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Those backgrounds and character poses are looking great, guys!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thanks, lwaxana, appreciate it. Some interest from steveryan2 would be good. I posted these drawings over a week ago and haven't heard from him or seen any postings here for twenty days!. As the 'project director' I would have thought he'd be checking in every day -- I would be. So that's disappointing...
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

Janocli,

I apologize for the radio silence; had some long days at work. The drawings look terrific! I really appreciate the effort and will begin vectorizing and rigging the characters.

Duey, about a month back you mentioned that you would be vectorizing all the characters. Were you able to do that? Let me know ASAP as I will be begin vectorizing this weekend. Thanks!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

My animation school is taking up all of my free time. Will not be available until December. Sorry

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

steveryan2 wrote:Janocli,

I apologize for the radio silence; had some long days at work
Steve, this is unacceptable. Takes 5 minutes, tops, to at least acknowledge that people are doing some work on your behalf -- you can do that no matter what kind of day you've had. What have you been doing for twenty days? And you can't even get my username right. It's right there! Doesn't give me a lot of confidence for your attention to detail...
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

jahnocli wrote:
Steve, this is unacceptable. Takes 5 minutes, tops, to at least acknowledge that people are doing some work on your behalf -- you can do that no matter what kind of day you've had. What have you been doing for twenty days? And you can't even get my username right. It's right there! Doesn't give me a lot of confidence for your attention to detail...

Wow, lots of judgement; I didn't see that coming. You seriously need to take a deep breath; there was no malicious intent. I really do appreciate the contributions; particularly yours. You have terrific artistic style and it hasn't gone unnoticed or unappreciated. So I echo my previous praise of your work and your willingness to help; so thank you again for that.

I am sure that you have had an occasion to misspell something or mis-type something on a keyboard. Again; nothing malicious or hurtful was intended. I hope you were just having a bad day when your wrote that because; really. A name misspelling and my entire reputation is on the line?

As for time, it has only been 10 days since your post not 20; and I have already apologized for it. I will offer no further apologies. If you can't accept it then that is your problem. This is a hobby for me and I have many responsibilities that are of higher priority than my hobby. If your life is such that animation is your number one priority then I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are. I am doing the best I can with what I have. What you believe is or is not acceptable for how I spend my time is of no consequence to me. If I promise something by a certain date and don't deliver then okay I would understand. But I am just moving along doing what I can when I can.

If your feelings are so hurt that you no longer want to contribute to this particular group project, that is your call, and it is regrettable. Although it is my story and I am leading the project I do see this as a group effort. That is, it is not just MY project. I assume that anyone contributing is doing so because they WANT to be part of a group effort; that the project is as much your baby as it is mine. It is a team effort.

Also, in the future if you need to express negative feelings like this it would be better to reach out to me privately. Blasting me on a forum for the world to see is not cool.
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

dueyftw wrote:My animation school is taking up all of my free time. Will not be available until December. Sorry

Dale
That's cool Dale. Thank you for what you did do! And good luck with school!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Steve,
Calm down -- it's not my intention to start a flame war or anything! I've worked on your project -- I continue to work on your project, amongst other stuff that I'm doing. I wasn't 'hurt' by you mis-spelling my username, I was amazed you got it wrong when all you had to do was copy it. I guess I have been expecting some kind of production blog or something detailing progress; I'd be interested to see what you are doing and how the project is coming together.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

steveryan2 wrote:
jahnocli wrote:

Wow, lots of judgement; I didn't see that coming. You seriously need to take a deep breath; there was no malicious intent. I really do appreciate the contributions; particularly yours. You have terrific artistic style and it hasn't gone unnoticed or unappreciated. So I echo my previous praise of your work and your willingness to help; so thank you again for that.

I am sure that you have had an occasion to misspell something or mis-type something on a keyboard. Again; nothing malicious or hurtful was intended. I hope you were just having a bad day when your wrote that because; really. A name misspelling and my entire reputation is on the line?

As for time, it has only been 10 days since your post not 20; and I have already apologized for it. I will offer no further apologies. If you can't accept it then that is your problem. This is a hobby for me and I have many responsibilities that are of higher priority than my hobby. If your life is such that animation is your number one priority then I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are. I am doing the best I can with what I have. What you believe is or is not acceptable for how I spend my time is of no consequence to me. If I promise something by a certain date and don't deliver then okay I would understand. But I am just moving along doing what I can when I can.

If your feelings are so hurt that you no longer want to contribute to this particular group project, that is your call, and it is regrettable. Although it is my story and I am leading the project I do see this as a group effort. That is, it is not just MY project. I assume that anyone contributing is doing so because they WANT to be part of a group effort; that the project is as much your baby as it is mine. It is a team effort.

Also, in the future if you need to express negative feelings like this it would be better to reach out to me privately. Blasting me on a forum for the world to see is not cool.
Steve, you are the project manager here. As such, you have a responsibility to the project that on one else does (as it is you requesting the help...and not paying for it). Unless you are without an internet connection or otherwise incapacitated, you have no excuse for a lapse of 20 days in your participation (and Jahnocli said it had been 20 days since your last response, not since his last post). You do have other contributors here that you have not responded to in over 20 days (and still have not done so).

Perhaps you do not realize the virtual miracle you managed to perform by getting such an enthusiastic response for free labor. You should do your utmost to keep every contributor you can get. After all, it is only your attention, management, and injection of enthusiasm that will keep people working for free.

I would suggest you do so, as graciously as possible. You are blessed. In all my years on this forum I have never seen a collaborative project get this much done.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

It is a bit of a miracle. Given that the forum doesn't have a well-known precedent for a collaboration this big, and that roles and responsibilities were not defined from the beginning, it's natural that participants' expectations might differ.

This is an opportunity to define those roles and responsibilities. Once they are more clearly defined for participants and the project manager, that will help people decide if they want to participate and how much.

For comparison, this voice acting club http://voiceacting.proboards.com/ has a lot of people working unpaid on projects, this is one of the primary purposes of the site. There is so much precedent for what works and what doesn't that the admins have developed a set of default roles and responsibilities based on what works.

Having a precedent here for how to make it work for animation will be really helpful for future collaborations. It's a good opportunity!