Anyone interested in teaming up?

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Re: Anyone interested in teaming up?

Post by neeters_guy »

jahnocli wrote:Couple more sheets:
zombie turn-around (with body pose and a couple of hand drawings)
Working on some more turn-arounds...
If there are no takers on this zombie, I'll take a shot at rigging it up.
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

Neeters,

That would be great; go for it!
NickMichaels

Post by NickMichaels »

Hiya there. My name is Nick Michaels (a fake last name as I do not wish to use my real last name). I've been a fan of many animated adult shows such as South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and many more. However, since the shows are very boring nowadays and just kind of unfunny to me, I've wanted to make my own cartoon series.

However, I cannot animate within Anime Studio. I do have the full-version, but my drawing skills suck. But the good news is, my writing skills are very decent and I can write many funny jokes and good plots for events in series that people ages 13-50 (let's say around that), would watch.

The cartoon series I would like to call it is titled ''The Vermonters''. The main plot for the Vermonters is that a couple Dom and Danielle Tocco have a baby in California in the year 2005. They move to Massachusetts in late 2005. However, a disruption occurs in Massachusetts in present-day 2014-2015 (depends when the series will launch, if it does), so they settle in and find a home in Vermont.

I have lots of preparation done for the series: Writing, Characters, Jokes, and etc. However, I just cannot seem to animate. I've had experience in editing videos before.

I've written this post to try to get attention of experienced and great animators in Anime Studio who would like to join me in this project to become full-time animators for ''The Vermonters''. I also would like some writers too, and anyone who can help with production of the show.

I am hoping that whoever wants to talk to me about joining and or questions you may have, please do so. Thanks.

I am also seeking VOLUNTEERS to do this for free. I wouldn't know how to pay anyone at the moment.

- Nick Michaels.

I do realize I might be a little late, but anyone who's willing to help let me know.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Hi Nick! I can't remember who posted it, but someone in the forum had a clever idea for writers to attract animators to their projects by getting an artist to help out with concept art. Someone is probably only going to work for free if the concept really captures their imagination or it's for a cause they want to support. If you can't animate a demo/pilot, you need some kind of pitch bible to really show people your idea (right now the only thing I really know about your concept is that it's a family that moves to Vermont, which is not enough info to inspire me). If you can't draw concept art yourself, commissioning an artist to design the main characters would really help show your idea and having those character designs is also a requisite step to begin production if you decide you want to try to animate it yourself. Best of luck to you with your project!
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

Zombie Status Update

Although I don't have anything to post I wanted to keep you posted on the status.

I spent quite a bit of time doing point reduction in all three existing views. Although I want to remain as true as possible to the original design; in the interest of simplicity (and therefore progress), I removed some of the detail and tried to balance out the points. The result is a much cleaner and somewhat simpler version.

I then went about redoing the hair using the method I described previously. Instead of one piece I converted the hair into three pieces and used masking. This greatly simplified the hair and will allow for faster progress in making or refining views.

I haven't yet completed the other views but began doing some mouth and eye tests. I had to experiment with variations of Blend Morphs, Actions and Bone Dials. Ran into some trouble trying to determine the best approach and ending up burning a lot of time.

I expect that I should have the remaining views complete by Friday or sooner.
NickMichaels

Post by NickMichaels »

Thanks for the response back. Do you happen to know any other writers that would be interested in proof reading it and helping me do a final draft and some animators who would be willing to do some character designs?

- Nick
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

NickMichaels wrote:Do you happen to know any other writers that would be interested in proof reading it and helping me do a final draft and some animators who would be willing to do some character designs?
I'm sorry, but if you can't even do the writing yourself, how do you expect to motivate anyone else to work with you? Seems you have your hand out but with nothing much to offer in return. If you think your ideas are worth the effort you are asking from others, you're going to have to show the results of a similar effort on you part. Nebulous ideas and forum posts alone won't accomplish that.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Nick-- A couple of thoughts. First off, I hope your script isn't long. Animation is a lot of work. I would keep your first production in the 1-2 minute range. Second, you don't need an animator to do your character designs. I think the ideal person to do the concept art for your characters is an illustrator. Hopefully one that can consider how different character designs would affect how a character can move. Deviant art might be a good place to find someone to design the characters. I think a lot of folks there will draw for a very small commission which is probably ideal for your situation.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

The other advantage of finding an illustrator is that I think there are a lot more people who illustrate than who animate specifically, so you'll have a larger pool of possible helpers.
NickMichaels

Post by NickMichaels »

I finished the pilot script COMPLETELY for ''The Vermonters'' by myself. What I meant was, usually one person writes a script and the other writers (in a show's writers room) do a final draft on it. That's what I meant by other writers. I'd like to see what other people think about it and me and the others would re-write it to make it better.
NickMichaels

Post by NickMichaels »

My script is probably maybe 10-13 minutes. I'd think that would be a good start for the pilot of ''The Vermonters''. And after it's finished add more material to make it a full 23 minute episode, like standard/regular TV shows. I'll check D.A.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

NickMichaels wrote:I finished the pilot script COMPLETELY for ''The Vermonters'' by myself. What I meant was, usually one person writes a script and the other writers (in a show's writers room) do a final draft on it. That's what I meant by other writers. I'd like to see what other people think about it and me and the others would re-write it to make it better.
Then your first step is to let people read this script. And keep in mind that a volunteer project cannot be expected to work like a commercial production (like having any analogue to a writer's room or episodes running to standard broadcast length). Keep in mind that any broadcast comedy episode should have many gags and jokes that could be made into 1-2 minute shorts.
NickMichaels

Post by NickMichaels »

I'd say about 2 minutes worth of jokes. Mostly slang is involved by some of the kids' in the script but I don't count those as jokes.
NickMichaels

Post by NickMichaels »

Hey, I finished the pilot rough draft script for ''The Vermonters''. It's 10-13 minutes, at least.

Please let me know what you think of it. Any comments, thoughts, anything at all.

First script ever written.

http://pressroomthevermonters.blogspot.com/
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Nick--I think it's a decent start, but could use some refinement. For one thing, it's pretty much impossible for them to have a positive pregnancy test the morning after they conceived, because science. It would be more realistic if it was a couple of weeks later. I would also remove all the unnecessarily offensive jokes. (I'm sure that's not the feedback you wanted. lol) Lots of the other jokes are funny. For example, I liked the freeze frame jump, the paper signing, and the last name jokes.