34 Bucks to Blow

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lwaxana

Re: 34 Bucks to Blow

Post by lwaxana »

Here's a test of what I've rigged so far. Half of the head rotation is rigged and the eyes are rigged. Planning to do the mouth next. This is turning out to be very educational...! And of course the hair is really tricky.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Wow! That looks really good! :)
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Thanks so much! I'm blown away x)
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Oh! I know you said you'd only do one, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if you'd like to work on the series with me ?

I would love to give you the models and you create the puppets, from there I'd do the rest! But if there's something too complicated then I understand. Like you said you aren't perfect.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I would love to work on your series because it looks like it's going to be amazing, but I don't have much free time and I'm trying to create my own series. :D So I won't have enough time to rig all the characters. But I'm trying to figure out the best rigging methods (incorporating what is useful of the newer AS features) on the first character. After that one is complete, the others should be easier to rig by just following that first example. Or maybe even making a copy of the first character and adjusting it to look like the other characters. But you'll definitely want to keep building on these rigs while you animate, adding mouth shapes that match the character's most common attitudes and hand shapes for different situations, for example.

It's kind of going slow at the moment because I'm researching and testing to come up with the best arms and legs.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

^^ I understand and hopefully it will be that easy x)

Thank you though! c: and I hope your series goes well too!
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

I understand what it is to need help.

I'm okay at rigging and would like to help if I can. Do you have another character?

As far as the building devouring the car, I recommend the mouth on the building be on the side rather than the front. Will that work from an art direction point of view? I can help with that if you like. Send me the AS file. I am working with 10.1.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Yes I do actually here I'll make and model, and thanks for the tip :)
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Her name is Pe'pe. She's way taller than Rose and is also a main character. She has many outfit changes so I guess her clothes should be easily manipulated.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Quick question! I assumed that you wanted Rose's arms and legs to be rubber hose style (ultra-flexy, elbows/knees bend gradually instead of sharply). But I figured I should double check with you. :D The elbow in this picture is rubber hose style and the knee is regular (mandcon rig). I am planning to use rubber hose for all unless you prefer the regular. Image
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

nah, give her sharper bends :) It looks better now that you've mention it.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

lwaxana wrote:
Here's a test of what I've rigged so far. Half of the head rotation is rigged and the eyes are rigged. Planning to do the mouth next. This is turning out to be very educational...! And of course the hair is really tricky.
This is looking really good, lwaxana.

I noticed in the file that TheMinahBird sent me (from another thread) she checks "Outline on", width of 4, in the top bone layer setting. What this does is keeps the nose from disappearing in the side views by putting an outline around it. You have to render to see it; it won't show in the workspace. Of course, you don't need to do this, but I thought it was a clever trick.

lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Thanks, neeters_guy! And thanks for the heads up about the outline. I agree that is a clever idea. :D
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

@ steveryan2, Hi! I sent the picture on the forum of the female character you can just build her if you'd like instead of the buildings.
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

TheMinahBird wrote:@ steveryan2, Hi! I sent the picture on the forum of the female character you can just build her if you'd like instead of the buildings.
Thanks MinahBird. I start working on the head; that hair is going to be a serious challenge! I am very impressed with Iwaxana's head turn for the other character.