(PAID $800~1000): Animate 3 short Sci-fi Trailers, <32s each

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

smallt1984

(PAID $800~1000): Animate 3 short Sci-fi Trailers, <32s each

Post by smallt1984 »

==CONTENTS==
We are seeking an artist to animate 3 short promotional trailers (2D, not 3D) of an upcoming released sci-fi fantasy eBook, available for online download (Kindle, Google etc).

The link below is one of the three animatics for the trailers. Please check first to understand what you will do, before contacting us. (Link only playable in IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
Trailer 1 link

==REQUIREMENT==
The artist is REQUIRED to adopt the following:
  • The trailer is colored with at least flat-shading (e.g. anime). But a more complicated style (e.g. gradation, semi-realistic etc.) is preferred.
  • Able to draw the smallest numbers of keyframe to achieve the ideas. However, storyboarding style (i.e. still picture animation) is not accepted.
  • Able to do a smooth cam movement (e.g. shake, tilt, pan, lens blur etc.) and good drawing perspectives.
  • Able to show the ability to create a visually pleased, and visually impact images on drawing, coloring and camera works. (High selection chance)
  • Open-minded on drawing "anti-norms" animation (e.g. female violence, erotica, anti-feminism etc.)
  • MUST follow a provided STYLE GUIDE (for important visual details)
  • Keep the work confidential until the trailers are released.
==NOTE==
  • Trailer format: 1920x1080, 24 fps rendered (not keyframe rate).
  • The trailer duration (i.e. the portions you animate) as follows: Trailer 1 (17~20s), Trailer 2 (17~20s), Trailer 3 (28~32s).
  • The trailer main focus is on characters & actions. Only simple background is needed unless, in some shots, specific buildings or environment are indicated in the animatics.
  • The tentative deadline of this project is end Sept to mid Oct 2016.
  • Budget <= 800~1000 USD for all 3 trailers.
  • Payment via Paypal, divided into 3-4 milestones.
For our consideration, please email to beaulerouge@gmail.com with [1] a BRIEF introduction of you, and [2] showing previous works (please choose at most 3 short best works).
Tips: We won't read long CV, and won't search to see an artwork among your huge numbers of works. Showing good sci-fi animation (including pretty boy & girl characters) will be an advantage.

Thank you, buddies. :wink:
Beau
Author of Sci-fi Series: New Era Humans
(On Behalf of Acelines Production)

http://www.twitter.com/NewEraHumans
=====
We are lucky that the world is big, and we meet a lot of mature people holding many inspiring thoughts. They are not just hiding themselves in one country in ones' life. They are willing to see rather than uttering old-school thoughts.
slowtiger

Re: (PAID $800~1000): Animate 3 short Sci-fi Trailers, <32s

Post by slowtiger »

Aside from the really abysmal premise (you can't erase one sex and still have the species to survive), which sounds like one of those "men's rights" activists going SF writer, 1000 USD is definitely not enough for the amount of work. At least 3000 USD would be more appropriate.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, the pay and the premise are not something I'd take seriously. The pay is only likely to attract new/amateur animators, who wouldn't likely meet all your other job requirements. The premise...that women could somehow hold a tyranny by force (instead of by social pressure) and that only another woman (girl power, so slightly incongruous message) can save men...is laughable.

I agree with slowtiger, $1000 would be about right for one trailer.
smallt1984

Post by smallt1984 »

Surprisingly, we got many good applicants (so far around 6, after two days) including ones from Moho. Thanks everyone. :D

Thanks for those coming to apply this animation work, those are mostly young animators (not 60s, 70s, but we welcome them as well), open-minded to accept new thoughts.

We welcome and respect everyone who contributes good skills on works or discussion. But, we also surprise that if people, without knowing the works or willing to check it deeply, express superficial ideas, that would not be a behaviour of pro media artist or filmmakers.

I know most people here are open-minded too, and we are confident that moderators are too, who do not try to put one belief or defame to affect other members. <--Or else, if we got kicked out, that's proved what we just said.

Anyway, thanks for those coming to talk with us for application. ^^
=====
We are lucky that the world is big, and we meet a lot of mature people holding many inspiring thoughts. They are not just hiding themselves in one country in ones' life. They are willing to see rather than uttering old-school thoughts.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

smallt1984 wrote:Surprisingly, we got many good applicants (so far around 6, after two days) including ones from Moho. Thanks everyone. :D

Thanks for those coming to apply this animation work, those are mostly young animators (not 60s, 70s, but we welcome them as well), open-minded to accept new thoughts.

We welcome and respect everyone who contributes good skills on works or discussion. But, we also surprise that if people, without knowing the works or willing to check it deeply, express superficial ideas, that would not be a behaviour of pro media artist or filmmakers.

I know most people here are open-minded too, and we are confident that moderators are too, who do not try to put one belief or defame to affect other members. <--Or else, if we got kicked out, that's proved what we just said.

Anyway, thanks for those coming to talk with us for application. ^^
I think this wins this year's prize for "most passive-aggressive post".
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

jahnocli wrote:I think this wins this year's prize for "most passive-aggressive post".
:lol: I couldn't figure out a tactful way to say it...that's perfect.
smallt1984

Post by smallt1984 »

jahnocli wrote: I think this wins this year's prize for "most passive-aggressive post".
:| There would be forums elsewhere permitting for jerking people around and inciting others for bullying/fulfillment. I wish, for those who intend to chime in:

This is a place looking for animation artists, please reply the job with relevant questions and information regarding the job listing and job application. Thank you. :|
=====
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh calm down. Nobody's bullying you.
specialoh

Post by specialoh »

sometimes i have really bad ideas too and i appreciate it when people tell me :wink: