script writer needed

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Re: script writer needed

Post by jahnocli »

Well, if I was being supportive, I'd say you have a colourful turn of phrase for a 12 year-old wannabe scriptwriter with a liking for capitals. You might want to work on the thickness of your skin, though -- REAL scriptwriters have to deal with rejection. Maybe puberty will sort that out for you...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
qpop

Post by qpop »

ok sure whatever. bring it on :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
chucky

Post by chucky »

What's up guys?
You can't let a little incorrect grammar slip?
Especially the yanks here who have all but reinvented the English language and claimed it as their own ( English , US ????) :mrgreen:

You know, the only people who should be beating up 12 year olds, are other 12 year olds.
I'm pretty disappointed with the regulars here ... ( lol.. not that that is of any consequence I do realise :wink: )

However, if qpop is actually enjoying this stoush ( is that the right spelling?) then carry on, apologies for getting all righteous and all. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Chucky -- the only guy being offensive here is qpop. "Beating up"? Some gentle ribbing is all he got from us until he upped the ante. If he has any aspirations to be a scriptwriter he should be trying to learn better English, whichever side of the pond he is. As it happens, I'm a fan of American English usage, I think they've added a lot of colour (or should that be color?) to the language.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

qpop wrote:
dueyftw wrote:Why are you so mean too? I tried to help you and you made no effort back.

Dale
For your info duey i have been experimenting an finding new ways to make animation. in fact i already am done making animation for the first episode and wad was going send it to you once i was done so just hold your horses.

Congratulation! I mean really mean this. You came here with an attitude that you, qpop will be the producer and dueyftw will be the animator with little clue on the hard work that is involved. I'm glad that you stayed with it and made some animation. Please don't get discourage if your animation is not the best animation here. There is a steep learning curve to animation. If you stay with it your animation will get better and better.

Dale
qpop

Post by qpop »

Thanks dale and chucky. at least you guys aren't being rude and obnoxious like some people. and by the way john don't be so quick to put me down because you were 12 once to and i bet you probably had a habit that people put you down about. and by the way if you just beat up people on this sight to feel good about yourself then you really are low down and dirty. and anyways i'm 12 i never said i was a professional script writer. i just said i'd like to give this script writing a shot. and look how far I've come on making animation. i started out with no knowledge now i have a whole episode done and I'M 12!!! That's saying a lot for a 12 year old.
DK

Post by DK »

WereYouLookingForAScriptWriter or were you looking for a script writer?

Both styles correct depending on the application :)

D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Like I said, if there were like a flag on minor members, we'd all know to treat them with kid gloves. Otherwise we expect some small degree of maturity.
qpop

Post by qpop »

synthsin75 wrote:Like I said, if there were like a flag on minor members, we'd all know to treat them with kid gloves. Otherwise we expect some small degree of maturity.
right there i can here the sarcasm, hate, and rudeness.
DK

Post by DK »

qpop.
Actually I would really like to read something you have written. Do you have any ideas for this script?

D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

qpop wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Like I said, if there were like a flag on minor members, we'd all know to treat them with kid gloves. Otherwise we expect some small degree of maturity.
right there i can here the sarcasm, hate, and rudeness.
No, just a little exasperation. No one here is being intentionally mean. It's just that animators expect honest feedback on their work, so people here are use to providing that. Otherwise, people could waste valuable time creating something that includes avoidable errors. The good-natured people here would much rather you hear it from them, rather than somewhere like the YouTube comments, where people are actually mean.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Actually the junior member thing isn't such a bad idea.
I don't think Wes ( synthsin75) is at all being rude there, I'm pretty sure he means to be helpful with that suggestion.
Maybe there IS a way to implement it?

The same could go for the super seniors, of course after getting to know the character of the forum member it wouldn't matter , there are some ancients here who run rings around their much younger counterparts and some juniors who are more skilled than many adults.... but when the introductions are still being made it would help to judge responses more appropriately.

After all, even a little gentle ribbing could start to hurt if it comes from all angles.
It's hard blame anyone who lashes out when they feel under attack even if the intention is misunderstood.

Especially when criticising grammar.... or is that 'critisizing' :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Of course the very best thing is the avatar... it can let people know who you are even if it a picture of a flower pot.
The choice of image tells a lot about you character.
You should put one up for yourself qpop.... elmo with devil horns?

I hope you do have a go at the script, and these guys here are alright , I think you have almost passed the trial of fire... :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

chucky wrote:After all, even a little gentle ribbing could start to hurt if it comes from all angles.
It's hard blame anyone who lashes out when they feel under attack even if the intention is misunderstood.
Sure, just so long as people remember that profanity-laced insults are against forum rules ( ucp.php?mode=terms ). That's one place we can't really bend the rules for the less mature. After all, other minors visit here too, and the forum has an obligation to shield them from such content.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yup. true dat
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

I think that an icon or something to identify junior members is an excellent idea! There's been more than a few occasions when a new member, whom I suspected was much younger, received an all too blunt or even negative response to their work or questions.
Adam