Need to Know Other Moho Animators!

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

milyfecirca87

Need to Know Other Moho Animators!

Post by milyfecirca87 »

Hi!

I'm a writer/animator that works exclusively in Moho. I'm trying to find other animators that also work in this program, and possibly work together on a project. I have every intention of trying to make sure animators get paid if we work on something. But, first I gotta find other animators that I could actually work with. Otherwise, I'm looking into studios to give the work to, but I don't want to do that.

Pretty much I want to make friends with other Moho users, and if I feel confident that we can work together, I'll seek out ways to get everyone together and PAID!

My last cartoon I animated by myself and it took me 2 years. Desperate to not do that again. I'd rather drive myself into debt than die before I tell the whole story I want to tell.

You can check out my cartoons on YouTube at www.youtube.com/milyfecirca87 or www.youtube.com/patrickmccarthyanimations
And you can email me at Patrickhmccarthy@gmail.com

Would love to talk even if you have no interest in joining a project. Still need to get to know other animators :)
dueyftw

Re: Need to Know Other Moho Animators!

Post by dueyftw »

Where are you in the world?

What kind of time to you have to animate?

What is your current and, or next project?
--------------------------------------------
I live 90 mi north of NYC

I have a day job and several hobbies including camping and motorcycling. Spend about an hour every other day animating. I'm due to retire in September.

Currently working as assistance animator on:

https://www.artella.com/project/098145c ... 469c0787c6

Dale
milyfecirca87

Post by milyfecirca87 »

I live in LA.

I spend about 30-40 hours a week either writing, drawing, or animating any current project. My current project being an action/adventure about a couple tweens trying to be heroes in a scifi/fantasy mashup.

My personal goal is to take care of as much pre-production as possible, but when it comes time for the bulk work in animation - I know how much work it can be and so I'm looking to either know more animators that can help me overcome problems that might be new to me, but they've solved before (e.g. I had a particles fiasco a year ago that took me nearly a month to solve that may have been solved quicker had I known a few Moho animators to hit up). But, in addition, I'm looking to get funding and would love to start building a team of animators to work with and pay as oppose to just shipping all the animation off and lose a lot of creative control...

I guess my post is 1. trying to get to know other Moho animators. 2. trying to learn from others or even exchange ideas/tricks for saving time and energy. 3. possibly find people to work with on things to everyone's mutual benefit.

Not exactly a job listing, but I didn't see another topic that fit the type of post this is... "General Discussion" didn't seem quite right...

Duey, you said you're retiring? From your day job or animation? How long have you been using Moho? Do you work on personal projects or do you try to freelance? Thanks for replying!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

My current gold is to retire in September if I have enough money saved to get me thrugh the three year hump to be collecting S.S. Then it's off to FL until my mom passes away. After that I will become a snowbird.

I've been using Moho sence 5.4. I'm on the beta team. but currently been seeing a sea of red. (inside joke)

I'm willing to help almost anyone who puts in an effort. I often get the request of 'help me animate my project'. I turn them down because they did all the hard work of coming up with the idea, writing and get all the VO work done, all I got to do is the easy part of drawing some original characters, all the backgrounds and animating it all.

I work as an assistance animator. I have no problem on being told what to do when it come to an animation project. Like you, I'm trying to build a team and get them to get me to help me on a feature length animation. Animation is a hobby of mine. Very few people can make it as a freelance animator. There just is not enough money in it.

I do not post my email here, but you can contact through this board or Skype. My Skype name is the same as here.

Dale
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Glad to see you post here. I posted a link to your GoT video awhile back: Game of Thrones Prequel [slightly NSFW]

I can't help at this time, but I'm interested in following this project.

Good luck! :)
w3rew0lfgirl_99

Post by w3rew0lfgirl_99 »

I may be able to help a little in a few months. I have a lot of life changes right now so I can't make any full on dedications. What kind of project is it? Is it the GOT one. I am not really into GOT but your animation was really good. I miss working on group projects. Animation takes a little to long alone.
I am still learning. I have two programs "Anime studio pro 11" and "Crazytalk Animator 3". I understand the basics of Anime Studio but have just started crazy talk. I am not a very skilled drawer, I can do it but it takes more time that its worth. Anyway I could be helpful with the more basic scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxh_Uk-hK-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmMG3zLBow4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIsGDTEKvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toFCwfsS9ao
Xork

Post by Xork »

Hi Patrick, my name is Patrick. Viola! I see that your skills are exceptional. Please peruse Xork&Blork on YouTube. (this post will be taken down soon as one of the characters conflicts with the creations of another Moho user). My project is open for discussion as well. There is an opening script for the GALACTIC NEWS and just as soon I can establish a link to Celtx, I will post it here.
The GALACTIC NEWS, is a satyrical look at our tiny blue planet.
I am a former Disney Feature Animation artist with numerous feature films under my belt. I am new to Moho, but I am a quick study.
rafael

Post by rafael »

Patrick! I watched your stuff a long time ago when I was considering Moho. Part of the reason I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger (I usually work in AE, C4D etc.)
I work as a Motion Designer professionally but am interested in pursuing cartoon animation more. Not as a job, but more for personal projects etc. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing about what kind of stuff you have in mind.

You can check out my animation/design/3D work at http://www.rafaellewis.com

I also have a humor website at http://www.theraffyshow.com

Anyway, shoot me a message if it tickles your fancy. I'd love ongoing dialog with someone aspiring to pursue personal/monetized work!

Here's something I did for Halloween this year.