Job Quote for 2D animation - Broadcast Use

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

abax

Job Quote for 2D animation - Broadcast Use

Post by abax »

Hi,

I am looking for a 2D cartoonist to make animation scenes of 15-20 seconds. I was searching for Flash designers that could do it and I discovered Moho. I am thinking that Moho might be a more cost-effective solution...

I need scenes that will incorporate on average 4 people. The same characters will be used over and over as we make more scenes. Facial characteristics for some characters will have to be retained.

How much will something like that cost me (per scene)? And is there anyone around here who is willing to work with me on this (I know there is! )?

Please let me know and I'll be glad to clarify anything.

Thanks!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I think you need to supply some more information. And if you are so convinced that Moho could be a more effective solution, how come you are placing an almost identical post at FlashFilmMaker?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
abax

Post by abax »

Like I said, I thought that 2D Flash was the way to go. So I was trying to find Flash designers that can do such work. While searching via Google, I find FlashFilmMaker. Of course I make a post there to get more info. Continuing my search, I discover Moho. Of course I make a post here too!

Bottom line, is that I am trying to find the most cost-effective solution. When I shop, I definitely want to look at all possible solutions before settling down. I think that's the mentality of all shoppers that are trying to get the best deal out of their buck.

It seems to me that Moho will be more cost-effective since the animation is not a per-frame thingie. Whereas Flash, the animator would have to probably hand draw every single frame and the animate them. From what I got with Moho, we only need to create the character and then, we can animate it pretty easily, without redrawing every move. Thus, I assume that the animator will spend less time drawing and importing. Thus, costing me less money. I am not sure if what I said is right. I am quite new to that whole thing. Any corrections is appreciated.

---

Now about my project:

My friends have a music band. They want to incorporate animation sequences in their videos. They have one scheduled for October and another for early Christmas. The first video will probably have two to three 15 seconds animations. The idea is to kinda freeze the real image, covert to drawing and then the animation takes places.

I think that the video will be shot first then I will send the animator the scenes that I'd want him to convert to animation. Once animated, I only need the video file (broadcast quality). I will take care of the post production and music sync. Also, Physical and facial characteristics will have to be preserved. I still want the cartoonish look but I don;'t want people to be guessing who is who in the cartoon.

Please feel free to ask for any other clarifications!
cribble

Post by cribble »

abax wrote:
Now about my project:

My friends have a music band. They want to incorporate animation sequences in their videos. They have one scheduled for October and another for early Christmas. The first video will probably have two to three 15 seconds animations. The idea is to kinda freeze the real image, covert to drawing and then the animation takes places.

I think that the video will be shot first then I will send the animator the scenes that I'd want him to convert to animation. Once animated, I only need the video file (broadcast quality). I will take care of the post production and music sync. Also, Physical and facial characteristics will have to be preserved. I still want the cartoonish look but I don;'t want people to be guessing who is who in the cartoon.

Please feel free to ask for any other clarifications!
Depends on what type of animation you're after, do you want Magic Numbers (forgotten the name of the first release) type smoothness and charactisation? or do you want the Linkin Parks "breaking the habit" realistic characterisation and style?

The Magic numbers video is very smooth and MoHo can effectivly create this effect. While the Linkin Park video is done frame by frame, Flash and MoHo can both achieve this. This takes more time, but you can capture features and make a realistic animation.

I think i kind of see what you're after, kind of like a Boy Kills Boy animation into video, except vice versa - and more cartoon like.

I'm interested in taking this on, mainly because i love music, what band is it if i may ask? - email me scott@cribble.net (or info@thecircadian.com)
--Scott
cribble.net
Aswa

I am in..

Post by Aswa »

Hi,
I think whenever you're ready for the project... please send me the concept, storyboard, and everything needed to develop ur animation project.. (including part of the backsong for the animated scene if possible).. I'll do it by MOHO.

When it's finish, I'll send it to u and If u like it... compensate it but if you don't just leave it out... botah are worthy for me.. Yeaaah... I love MOHO!

Send the materials to: lounge_3773(@)yahoo(dot)com
ARIEF DERMAWAN