Programmer to help. Maybe Flash?

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Programmer to help. Maybe Flash?

Post by DK »

I'm looking for someone who can help me combine some moho animations into a simple interactive online game to host on my new webpage. I don't know if this is even possible or who i should be looking for. Maybe a Flash programmer? I don't have a large budget either. (Hey,...i'm a animator too:)

Please feel free to contact me for details if you're interested:

lkni5606@bigpond.net.au

Cheers
D.K
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

I know flash can use .swf files as objects, but I haven't personally tried it. I can't say for sure how much control flash would allow over these kinds of objects outside of playback (pause/stop/loop animation) options, but it may be enough to use them as sprites in a game setting.

The way I'd approach it, would be to limit your .swf exported animations from moho to a single action per file. (Such as one for the character's walk cycle, one for its idle state, one for each action the character can perform, etc...) Then, flash should be able to swap between them using actionscript, as needed. Your .swf files should all be the same dimension, with at least one part of your character in a common location so there is a reliable reference point that can be used to properly maintain your character's position on the screen.

If this sounds a bit cryptic, you might want to look for someone with experience in flash game development to help you out.
8==8 Bones 8==8
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Bones3D.
Thanks for the response. I AM looking for someone to help me out with this project and i'm willing to pay. Like I said I don't have a huge budget but if anyone's interested please contact me by email -
lkni5606@bigpond.net.au

Cheers
D.K