Need Moho Animator

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

thestrokes

Need Moho Animator

Post by thestrokes »

Hello

We have a series of cartoons similar to Family Guy etc which will be aired on TV. Script and everything is totally ready and a lot of the artwork is already completed.

The commitment only needs to be for 1 x one minute short - if you are happy to continue after this first short, then this is for a series of cartoons, and will be aired on TV. Location is not important but communication must be good.

Initially, this would be 'pro bono' work as we are a start-up, but pay would become very substantial after the first series. Ideally we are looking at students, but this is obviously open to anybody with a basic grasp of Moho. Would be awesome on anybody's CV - cartoon created from scratch, appearing on TV. Work can start immediately.

However, you would get perks such as free merchandise (T-shirts etc), being able to have a character named after you etc. Please email at bobbymugabe@hotmail.com or PM me if you are interested.

Thank you for your time.
rylleman

Re: Need Moho Animator

Post by rylleman »

thestrokes wrote:"but pay would become very substantial after the first series."
So I take it you already have the distribution and financing done then?, if so, why can't you pay the artists for their hard work.
Oh, by the way, I would need to have my house repainted, I etimate it would only be a couple of months work. Could you come and do it for free?, I promise that I'd tell all my friends you did it.
thestrokes

Post by thestrokes »

Hello

Financing has been done but only to accommodate voice-overs, and this animation work - as this is a series of shorts initially, the budget is very low, although there will be payments equivalent to token gestures (but better than nothing, I suppose - under $100).

We are not looking for tremendously experienced animators who would command high hourly rates. We are only looking for people who are reasonably well versed with Moho and are willing to do this for essentially 'pro bono', in return for a lot of exposure and experience - students, although of course it is open to everyone who is willing.

Thanks
cuebit

hell yeah

Post by cuebit »

I like to paint your house for free ;)
Touched

Post by Touched »

I think Cuebit is onto something! Rylleman, is your house-painting project open to anyone? I'm just barely learning painting, and the last time I tried it I painted over all the door hinges and electrical outlets, but I think I understand how to hold a brush. If you don't mind me dripping paint all over the carpet or not adequately covering up the previous colour, I'm your man! Sounds like a great opportunity to get my work seen in your neighbourhood.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Imagine how much cheaper animation production would be if all those talented young animators could be enticed to work for free... or t-shirts.

Do you realize how hard it is to do a show like "the Family Guy"? It looks so simple.

That must be why all the animation these days is outsourced to Asia.

If this project is "really" going to be on tv... you should get some more money from someone to pay an animator... or at least find someone already involved in the project to learn AS to do it.

Obviously the animation is an afterthought if it wasn't included in the budget so the quality won't matter.

It's funny to me... the people who get to work for free are always the people who are in the most desperate need of money... unexperienced young students or artists. I like that part. Get those young people involved... they don't have any experience yet with being taken advantage of (been there done that).

If you really truly have a tv deal in place... aren't "they" concerned about how you would produce it? Or is this a "pilot" that could be rejected?

If you don't have a deal yet... you don't have any guarantee of "exposure" for the animator. If you have a deal then you need to get some more money to make sure the actual visual component is done as well as the voice overs and studio recording time.

I have heard this promise of a guaranteed tv deal so many times. It never is. To get a tv deal you have to have connections or have a finished animated pitch.

This is not limited to animation projects. All businesses use the promise of riches to get people to work for free. I worked for free on a web project for a year then got fired for not working hard enough.

To get this done right you need to find some money. If it is a "guaranteed" success take out a loan. Beg borrow from family and friends to pay an animator or learn how to do it yourself.

p.s. Please take my comments with a grain of salt. I am a bitter old man... okay... middle aged bitter man tired of "working for free". I work for "free" for myself only now. ;)

-vern
byanfu

Re: Need Moho Animator

Post by byanfu »

thestrokes wrote:Hello

We have a series of cartoons similar to Family Guy etc which will be aired on TV. Script and everything is totally ready and a lot of the artwork is already completed.

The commitment only needs to be for 1 x one minute short - if you are happy to continue after this first short, then this is for a series of cartoons, and will be aired on TV. Location is not important but communication must be good.

Initially, this would be 'pro bono' work as we are a start-up, but pay would become very substantial after the first series. Ideally we are looking at students, but this is obviously open to anybody with a basic grasp of Moho. Would be awesome on anybody's CV - cartoon created from scratch, appearing on TV. Work can start immediately.

However, you would get perks such as free merchandise (T-shirts etc), being able to have a character named after you etc. Please email at bobbymugabe@hotmail.com or PM me if you are interested.

Thank you for your time.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Why do all these "please do for free" stuff come with a hotmail account?

For me. I get no comfort whatsoever for a production with a supposed TV contract to be using a disposable mail account.

Rhoel
DK

Post by DK »

Can we start a new index on the forum for these posts please as they are NOT for Animation Jobs. Any ideas what we could call it anyone?

D.K
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

I second that. A lot of the forums I go to have paid and unpaid work sections.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha ha!

Yes with the hundreds and hundreds of job postings placed here over the years we definitely need a separate forum for this. All that time wasted reading the posts before moving to the next one. And of course the time wasted making sarcastic remarks about animators working for t-shirts.

Sorry... I tend toward cynical sarcasm. I just don't see the need for another forum yet. So few jobs are posted it is pretty simple to read them and decide if they are worth pursuing.

Who knows? Someone may have actually volunteered for this one already and is happily wearing their new t-shirt...

... man... I am way too cynical... I must be getting old and crotchety. ;)

-vern
DK

Post by DK »

ROTFL. Hey, maybe I could sell these on Content Paradise? I'm sure everyone would want one.

D.K
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

lol, I would buy one of these!
DK

Post by DK »

Seriously though, while we're on the subject of T-Shirts, here's a link for anyone wanting to get into their own merchandising. You can set up your own T-Shirt shop. Just set up your shop, upload your artwork and you're selling your own merchandise in a Flash. The prints arefull size and full colour. There's also a forum etc. Great company and people.

http://www.printfection.com

Cheers
D.K
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

DK wrote:Can we start a new index on the forum for these posts please as they are NOT for Animation Jobs. Any ideas what we could call it anyone?

D.K
"Collaborators Needed" (for an actual index for the real posts.) As for myself, as I said in another post somewhere my time and limited talent can only take me so far, thus I would love to get help on projects but I need collaborators and not "non-pay status employees".

Perhaps "Suckers Apply Here" :lol: can be used for all of the "Jobs" that seem to get posted here.