Need Moho Animator

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

How about "We give you full credit"...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have been involved with volunteer collaborative free projects. They can be a ton of fun at first but they almost never succeed.

And please don't quote examples of successes. The ones that succeed are the ones you hear about. The ones that don't will not get any press... and they are minion.

The problem with collaborative projects (no money) besides no money is maintaining enthusiasm. Even WITH money enthusiasm can be hard to maintain over the long term... try staying excited after a few weeks... or months... when you finally realize you're working for free.

If you are getting paid and lose your enthusiasm... then... you start to complain about the awful plot, the script, the characters... and how much money you think you should be making.

They are very much fun while they last. I ran a completely "fun" project like this a few years ago. No potential money at all. It was an experiment... and of course it was only about 60% completed... but it was fun!

I tried to pick up the slack towards the end but even I lost my enthusiasm.

http://www.lowrestv.com/ffp.asp

-vern
sour_jax

collaborative projects

Post by sour_jax »

I would love to see a Collaborative Project/Contest take place. Where each step of the "Movie making" process is broken down into a stage of the Contest. The winning pieces of each stage eventually makes up the final movie. The winning products (eg characters, props, backgrounds, etc.) become "public" property and thus can get greater use/exposure and a lot of learning and fun can come out of it. Of course the likelihood of it succeeding may not be great (historically speaking) but it could be a great way to promote Anime Studio if it does work.