Need Animator for Wedding Reception Job

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

maynardimages

Need Animator for Wedding Reception Job

Post by maynardimages »

I am looking for an animator to assist me in the creation of a 5 to 10 minute animation to be shown at a wedding reception. The story will be how the couple met in Paris at a wedding, after traveling there from the same city. Four years later they go back to Paris and become engaged and marry in Sante Fe NM.

Wayne R. Maynard
Dallas, TX
Wayne Maynard
joeed

Post by joeed »

Hi Wayne,

Just so you'll know, that's a long animation. Plus your animation artist will have to be able to capture a likeness of the couple, then create backdrops of Paris and Santa Fe and the churches ....

Maybe it would work if it was all narrated, then the animator could do some simple scenes to correlate.

What is your budget?

You can email me from my site and if nothing else, I live in Santa Fe so maybe I could assist with some site photographs for reference.
http://www.laughingcrows.com
cartoonimator91

wow

Post by cartoonimator91 »

yea 5 to 10 minutes is quite a lot and is expensive. for 10 minutes it'd take roughly 14,400 frames of animation. from what i've seen the usual price per frame is $0.15. so you're looking at $2160 just for all the animation, not including the coloring and backgrounds... the cheapest you could go i think would probably be $3000.

and you're looking at about half that for the 5 minute film.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

To keep the cost and production time down you might want to go with simple still images that cross fade.

Like a static background and static characters that fade in and out or as they move. Wish I could find a sample. They use this on TV commercials a lot.

Fraction of the work involved... it would still be a lot of work drawing all the scenes but there would be no character animation needed.

It could still be done using AS but it wouldn't be limited to it.

-vern
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If you can, take a look at an old TV limited animation show like "Roger Ramjet". There's practically no animation in it! It's all done with dialogue, jump cuts, fades...but it still works. You need the dialogue to be hot though -- any problems there and it all falls down.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
kutluhan

Post by kutluhan »

I dont know if it is the right place but.. Can anyone tell me actually how much time you may need to complete an animation like that..
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Can anyone tell me actually how much time you may need to complete an animation like that..
It's hard to answer this, because it depends on so many things:

- which visual style
- which style of animation
- how much experience
- how good is the production pipeline set up
and, don't forget:
- how often does the client interfere or has changed his mind ...