Problems Exporting AVI (sometimes)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

Problems Exporting AVI (sometimes)

Post by Peteroid »

First off, great product, loving it! But I do have an annoying problem:

I have a purchased version from Amazon (DLed), and have registered it (i.e., I'm not working in demo version mode).

1) Win 7 (64-bit) Premium
2) Intel Core i7 860@2.80G, 8G RAM, ATI Radeon 5850
3) Version 7.0 Build 20100604p
4) you don't need this, now do you? If you do, make it cut-and-pastable next time :)

I'm not sure what to say is wrong here. I created an animation, and then exported it to an AVI file uncompressed file. I wanted to use another compression, so I tried to save it again. After giving it a save name, this time the dialog box did not come up allowing me to change compression, and the window came to that usually does when exporting, but there is no progress, and in a few seconds it disappears. Also, nothing is exported.

This is only happening with one of my animations. Another one I have works just fine saving it to AVI as many times as I want and always comes up with the 'compression choice' dialog. I also am able to export the one I can't re-save in AVI in FLASH as many times as I want.

Did I hit some setting? The one that works in all cases is the first tutorial, and the one that won't re-save in AVI is the second tutorial.

A good observer will note this means I'm just starting, so I might have hit some setting I'm not aware of. But the inability to export into AVI a second time sure seems like a bug to me.

I can't find any place to get any Anime Studio 7 Pro patches, if they exist. The 'Check for Updates...' under the Help menu goes to the UPGRADES page for Anime Studio Pro 7. There is a link at the top right of page that says 'Updates', but although the top of this page says 'Anime Studio 7', all the updates are for Anime Studio 5 to other version of version 5.

So if I need a patch, I don't know where it is! :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If I'm not wrong, that error occurs when the rendered avi video is still opened and you try to replace it. Check closing the first rendered video or giving another name to the new one.

If you still having problems, try exporting as mov file instead avi. If the problem still anyway, please keep us informed.

About upgrades, sorry, but we still on 7.0 and on forum we haven't any new about a 7.1 release.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

selgin wrote:If I'm not wrong, that error occurs when the rendered avi video is still opened and you try to replace it. Check closing the first rendered video or giving another name to the new one.

If you still having problems, try exporting as mov file instead avi. If the problem still anyway, please keep us informed.

About upgrades, sorry, but we still on 7.0 and on forum we haven't any new about a 7.1 release.
First of all, thanks for the very quick response!

Indeed, I found a 'work around' similar to what you described. If I change the name of what I'm exporting, it will save it properly. And, it is best if a dot '.' is not part of the saved name!

For the record, this has been the only 'glitch' in my loving this application! :)