V6 Question about timeline buttons and key commands

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Neillydubh

V6 Question about timeline buttons and key commands

Post by Neillydubh »

I'm having a problem at the moment in V6 AS Pro (Windows) with the timeline buttons and keyboard commands regularly stopping working. It usually happens after vector point manipulation. Happening about a dozen times a day and requires a program restart to sort it. Been happening ever since purchasing V6 last year and it's driving me nuts as you might expect. :cry: Worst of all there's no indication that the keyboard commands aren't doing what they should be and this has resulted (too regularly for comfort) in lost work because the save shortcut has been ignored.....

Anyone come across this or know if there's an easy way of resetting things without restarting the program?
I didn't get to where I am today.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Have you updated to V6.2 yet? It is a free upgrade found on the Anime Studio web site.

As for your problem, I have never had the commands just stop working before. Some commands will not work if you are not on frame 0 unless you go into preference and uncheck 'enable drawing tools only on frame 0.'
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Neillydubh

Post by Neillydubh »

Yes I installed the 6.2 update straight away after buying it. I know about the preference as well. It's a really odd problem, the buttons on the timeline become unclickable and the timeline scrollbar too, can't select keyframes either although I can drag the timeline indicator. I can access the menus but the key commands just stop working.

Seems to be happening with I manipulate points anywhere along the timeline although it's happening at other times as well I just can't pinpoint when or why it happens.

It's not just happening to me, I employ one other full-time animator and it happens to him too.

:?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I still have v6 on my PC. I'll see if it happens on it.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Neillydubh

Post by Neillydubh »

It doesn't happen every time I manipulate points, only sometimes so you probably won't be able to recreate it - but I appreciate you having a look at it. I'm just curious if anyone else has come across this. :?:
Vagabond

Re: V6 Question about timeline buttons and key commands

Post by Vagabond »

Neillydubh wrote:I'm having a problem at the moment in V6 AS Pro (Windows) with the timeline buttons and keyboard commands regularly stopping working. It usually happens after vector point manipulation. Anyone come across this or know if there's an easy way of resetting things without restarting the program?
How are you "manipulating" the points?
Are you using a scripted tool or LM tool?
Are you in actions or regular timeline?

I've had issues with some scripted tools and perspective points in the actions timeline.
Neillydubh

Post by Neillydubh »

Interesting question and a thing I never thought of. I use the original magnet and selection tool that came with Anime Studio but use the scripted transform tool that's part of Fazek's tools.

Interesting question and could be the culprit. Have to look a that, cheers Vagabond. :)