Sock Puppet bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Redeyes

Sock Puppet bug

Post by Redeyes »

I purchased 1.5 and everything works except when I upload a movie to face book or YouTube the background has the anime studio logo partially on it. How do I get rid of this? It said no ads if I purchased it.

Link here for a sample:
http://youtu.be/nm7kgy1ta2E
Last edited by Redeyes on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Delete this post and block this user please.

Dale
Redeyes

Post by Redeyes »

dueyftw wrote:Delete this post and block this user please.

Dale
Can I ask why?

Edit: I see it was the wrong link. You could have just said that instead.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Sorry, we have been dealing with a lot of spam, so we are alert with any new user posting a nonsense link.
Yesterday I preferred to wait before erase your post.

Anyway, Sock Puppet is a new game created with the Anime Studio technology, sadly, this forum is dedicated to AS, so you will have to look for help directly with SmithMicro, most of us have no idea about Sock Puppet.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Redeyes

Post by Redeyes »

I did submit a report to smith micro, their website also suggested posting on the forums, which brought me here.

Do you work for lost marble?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Redeyes wrote:I did submit a report to smith micro, their website also suggested posting on the forums, which brought me here.

Do you work for lost marble?
No, I'm an animator and a volunteer moderator of this forum. Sorry, but I can't help you.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I am confused with this. The web site to download the app says it is free. Are you saying you can upgrade via a purchase that will remove the watermark?

If so I would call SM and get this fixed. SM is known to "pass on their problems" to the forums. Maybe there is a Sock Puppet forum (I searched and could not find one?)

All the videos from youtube have the watermark on them also.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Redeyes

Post by Redeyes »

Yep, that's about the size of it. There are a number of upgrades to it you can buy, purchase any one of them and you get no ads, per the app store. I've also submitted a support ticket at SmithMicro with the link, they're looking at it.
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

What did they say about it? I have that watermark problem too. Sock puppets is really nifty- if Smith Micro would allow a way we could import our own characters that were created in Anime Studio into sock puppets- that would rock!
Redeyes

Post by Redeyes »

They said they notified the engineers and would let me know when it was fixed. Right now I'm guessing never. I think I'll try again and ask about getting my money back since it doesn't perform as promised after upgrading.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

an update to sock puppets was released recently. hopefully that solves your watermark problem.
Redeyes

Post by Redeyes »

Distinct Sun wrote:an update to sock puppets was released recently. hopefully that solves your watermark problem.
I downloaded it with a lot of hope, but it's still there. A much more subdued watermark, but it's still there even though I have the premium content. To a layman ex-programmer it seems like a rudimentary if then statement would get rid of it, but there must be some fairy dust required.

See for yourself....

http://youtu.be/e-z1alXHSZM

Doesn't matter anymore, tech support told me to get a refund from the apple store and closed the ticket. It works fine on the phone, someone should buy them an ipad to try it out on before publishing.