Exported to .mov in Quicktime Audio Crackles

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ekulis

Post by ekulis »

Hi,
I exported a multi track audio animation to Quicktime .mov and when it plays in Quicktime the sound track crackles.

I tried changing each audio level to .8 in each of the tracks. Maybe it did a little good but the crackles were still there.

Sounds like the digital mix is overdriving. Any suggestions as to how to stop the crackles?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello ekulis.

Just tried a little test with 4 stereo files and the sound rendered perfectly, might be the files you are using!

Here are the specs of the files I used in case it might help.

Format : PCM
Format profile : Float
Format settings, Endianness : Float
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 3 072 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 32 bits

Maybe if you posted you file and sound we could try and render it and see if they work on our systems and if not maybe point out the problem!
ekulis

Post by ekulis »

Hi Gcharb,
Thanks for the tips. I found Animtaion > Audio Level and I think that helped some when I turned it down.

I'm just going to assume it's overdriven here. I used a bunch of .wave files. Next time I"m going to find the track I want to be the loudest and then reduce tracks from there.

It would be cool if you could put all the tracks into a Group and then turn down the volume on all of them but it didn't seem to have that option.

And you can see my submission for best animated short feature of the year :-) at
http://youtu.be/jqHkRooc85w

-ed
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

LOL, someone's been smokin some heavy spinach! :)

And yes the sound is funky!