Poser Morphs in Anime?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Joelsquare

Poser Morphs in Anime?

Post by Joelsquare »

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a Poser 2012 created character in ASP, and I'm finding some oddities.

It seems that only some morphs actually work in ASP, even though all are displayed. So, clicking on a character body part with the Poser tool does, indeed bring up the right menu and visually appears to give me the option of using all morphs, but, in fact, moving the sliders has no effect... on SOME, but not all morphs. Some work exactly as they should.

Any ideas?

Best,
Joel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Joel, I've seen the same thing, Sometimes, if you go into Poser, and call up the parameters for the morph you want and change the sensitivity up and/or the limits down. Then save it and try that save in ASP. This doesn't always work. Some morphs just won't work in ASP. I also had some luck taking a non-working morph and recreating it in poser then it works. Which character and which morph are you talking about?
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Hmmm... Not 100% sure, but there may be a limit to how many Morphs can be imported. The character I'm working on (a custom built thing based on M4 but severely manipulated with Creature Morphs, etc.) has dozens of morphs, and I think - haven't tested them all yet - but I think it may only read the first 39 or 40.

I can't seem to figure out a way to re-order these... unfortunately, the ones that are causing me the grief are all facial expressions, including phoneme shapes - which are, of course, the most detailed and painstaking adjustments to make in a character. Boooooo....
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Joel, take a look at this, it might help. The sound gets out of sync because of my crappy screen capture, but you should get the idea.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53649091/poser.wmv
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for the tutorial! That sounds like it may be a great workaround for me.

Unfortunately, for some reason, I can't get the video to work in your tutorial, but the audio was very clear, and though I don't have time fully check it out right now, a quick test of your technique leaves me optimistic. I'll try it out later tonight, and I'll report back, but in the meantime, thank you SO much for taking the time to explain this so well! Hugely appreciated.

Best,
Joel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Joel, I hope this works for you. For some reason, some people can get the videos to work, some can't. Anyway, I put it on Youtube, here's the link.

http://youtu.be/eGQ3dhkOBEs