Animation Pixels!

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cosmos98

Animation Pixels!

Post by cosmos98 »

Hello everyone,
I'm using Anime Studio pro 10 and I'm making animations after I saved my animation I saw that the movie has lot of pixels and I'll show you a picture and you'll understand what I mean http://i.hizliresim.com/Ld68nb.png

I need help about this problem or bug idk :cry:
AmigaMan

Re: Animation Pixels!

Post by AmigaMan »

What resolution and format was your saved animation?
cosmos98

Post by cosmos98 »

AmigaMan wrote:What resolution and format was your saved animation?
Hello, thank you for reply
I saved my animation 1080p (HDTV) but even if I saved in 720p this problem is still happening
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

do you have either of the following options:

layer motion blur
project depth of field

If not, then maybe you could upload the AS file or a screen shot of what it should look like?
cosmos98

Post by cosmos98 »

hayasidist wrote:do you have either of the following options:

layer motion blur
project depth of field

If not, then maybe you could upload the AS file or a screen shot of what it should look like?
I don't have both of them but I have "Sort layers by depth"
I don't know how to upload the AS files :oops: but if you want a screen shot, nothing is wrong with the preview's screen shot, I see my problem after the export animation you know when I'm watching my movie.
The preview animation's link; http://i.hizliresim.com/REZ48R.png
Every frame looks like this in the preview's screen shot (frame) but as I say my problem starts after I export my animation :(
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This looks like compression artifacts. When you export the animation what codec or compression are you using? I would suggest not using ANY compression. Use the PNG codec.

Also in your animation is there a lot of "fast" movement and color changes? If you have a high compression setting with lots of fast motion you will see that type of "blocky" artifacts.

I actually see this all the time when watching "supposedly" HD television streamed over "super fast" internet. Big action movie scenes with fast car chases, fight scenes and explosions will appear with compression artifacts and banding just like in your sample. Movie files use compression to store the frames in a compact size. When there is lot of fast action the compressor has to sacrifice quality to maintain size to smoothly stream each frame. Compression codecs often make you choose between size and quality.