Paths 'disappear' when Select Shape is chosen

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Paths 'disappear' when Select Shape is chosen

Post by Greenlaw »

Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

In 10.1.1 (and earlier I think,) when I choose the Select Path tool, any unstroked paths will disappear from the viewport, even when the Path option is enabled in the Display Quality panel. In 9.5, the paths remain visible when Select Path is chosen. Just to be clear, the paths are visible in 10.1.1 when other tools are chosen, like the Create Shape tool or any of the path editing tools except Select Shape.

I wasn't sure if this new behavior is an intentional 'improvement' for 10 or if it's a bug. (I prefer how it worked in 9.5--displaying/hiding paths should be optional.)

Or maybe it's only occurring on my system? If path display is working normally for others, I'm wondering if the DKWRootTools mod is interfering with the display preview in this case. (This is the only mod I have installed.) I'll try regressing to 'default scripts'-only be sure and post again with any new info.

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Paths 'disappear' when Select Shape is chosen

Post by synthsin75 »

That is a newer feature intended to remove visual clutter when you aren't using a tool that actually manipulates vector paths. You can disabled it by editing the tool in a text editor.

Change this:

Code: Select all

function LM_SelectShape:HideConstructionCurves(moho)
	return true
end
To this:

Code: Select all

function LM_SelectShape:HideConstructionCurves(moho)
	return false
end
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Or, simpler, go to View menu and uncheck "Auto hide curves"
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

selgin wrote:Or, simpler, go to View menu and uncheck "Auto hide curves"
Ah, I forgot about that, since I never use it. Thanks Victor.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the explanation and solution guys!

The Auto-Hide Curves behavior was a little disturbing to see at first because I thought it was an OpenGL or video driver bug, but when I noticed that it only happens with Select Shape, I thought it might possibly be intentional behavior. Glad to learn this is optional.

I think I'll leave Auto-Hide Curves off for now but keep it in mind for when I feel this feature will will help me. :)

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Okay, now I see why this feature has been bugging me only recently. A couple of weeks ago I started using the DKWRoot Tools, and when Auto Hide Curves is switched on, it disables with the display of points when the tool is active and makes it difficult to see where to use the Erase Points tools.

Now I'm VERY glad Auto Hide Curves is an optional feature. I'm sure I will want to switch it on again at some stage but this is a case where I definitely want it switched off.

Thanks again for pointing out where the switch is. :)

G.