Lagging

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Brooke

Lagging

Post by Brooke »

Since the 11.2 update (18233) I am experiencing a lot of lagging using Anime Studio pro.

It is now becoming bothersome and extremely tedious, and all the seconds are actually adding up in my time schedule.
I have tried turning GPU on off, yet still the same thing.
My computer is more than capable, and my projects don't use many layers although I am beginning to wonder if the problem is due to scenes that incorporate up to 4 characters that are reference characters - perhaps this is taxing the software?

As much as I really value Smith Micro and their customer/user relations, and the continual adaptations they continually make to better their software to our needs, there always seems to be a trade off in some way. One improvement for me tends to cause a problem somewhere else along the line. In this instance it is the constant lagging and frequent appearance of the dreaded swirl and (anime studio pro - is not responding) bold text

When I look at my task manager whilst anime studio is running it is utilising 1,399.1mb of memory - from recollection before the update it wasn't consuming as much.

Is there any way I can revert my software to the build prior to this....and if so will my projects still open.
Also, is anyone else experiencing this??

Many thanks,
Brooke
Brooke
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Lagging

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I don't know if this could be related to your problem, but try unchecking "Auto save for crash recovery" option in the Preferences, Documents tab.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Victor thanks for replying so quickly :D

But if I select that if Anime crashes wont I lose the option to recover the work when I restart the software???
that's a bit of a risk.

5mins Later

I tried your suggestion, wow...just wow it works so fast now. Thank you so much Victor. I will just have to make sure that I constantly save - my only worry now is if the software crashes whilst saving then I'm f****d :lol:
Brooke
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I had noticed an increasing lag in a scene I was working on last week.

I was animating a test scene for a new character rig and it was taking about a second or longer to copy and paste just one or two pose keys. Normally, copy/paste happens instantly. I thought the lag was happening because the character had a much higher point count than I was used to working with. Just to be sure, I rebooted my computer, relaunched ASP, and the lag was still there, which made me think it was the artwork or the rig.

But later in the day, the lag went away as mysteriously as it came. I never did figure out what caused it or what made it go away.

FYI, I still have AutoSave enabled so it's probably not related to your case.

I'm keeping an eye on this though. I'm glad things are working normally now but I hate when I don't know why something weird happens in the first place. :)

G.