shift and alt not working for scaling

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

shift and alt not working for scaling

Post by Nicohk92 »

Hello all,

Is it just me or neither alt nor shift operate when scaling objects with the transform tool.

If I want to keep proportions, I have to resort to manually enter a number.

I'm on el capitan with the latest version of asp.

Thanks!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: shift and alt not working for scaling

Post by Víctor Paredes »

The key modifiers changed on 11.2
Take a look on the Status Bar to now the new ones (and to get information about any other selected tool).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

At first this confused me too. It turns out that if you want to scale proportionately, you should not hold down any modifier keys--the tool scales proportionately by default. The modifier keys are used when you want to scale an item disproportionately.

This might seem counter-intuitive since most programs work the opposite way but it's actually better because for most users it's more common to want to scale an item proportionately. It took me a little while to get used to this switch but I really prefer it now.

G.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Thanks to you both.

It is confusing indeed cause you do have to hold modifier keys to create the shape, and then no key to transform it. But I got it now.